Upcoming episodes for playlists
I tried searching around for this but to no avail. anyone who uses hulu or netflix has seen this, when an episode is @ around 30 seconds from the end an overlay comes up saying what the next episode is with a plot synopsis etc. Is it possible to get XBMC working like this on playlists??
Some skins show next track title in the info menu if you have it up (now playing, music).
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
The plugin Next-Aired on TV show rollover gives you the date/time and episode name of the next show, this is of course dependant on a posted guide and the updating of the data. It might be possible for older shows that the episode descriptions are already locally available and I guess that's what you're thinking about... it would be nice, but I'm not sure for the effort in code there would be much appreciation.
Then maybe Next-Aired coder can be asked to have an option to be based either on an online guide, the current playlist, or the list of season/episodes available in the library. Maybe it can be smart, so if there it is in playlist, it will show the next in playlist, but if it is not, then it will check the library for the next season/episode, and if it exists it will show it, otherwise it will query an online guide (since it assumes it is not aired yet), and show the info of the next episode.

However, having such feature built in can ensure a more robust feature, and enforce skinners to care for it.

Edit: Also this feature can be used to show "You might like.... shows/episodes/movies"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upcoming episodes for playlists1