Access to XBMCBuntu
I am trying to ssh or sftp into XBMCBuntu but I'm having some credential issue.

I can't seem to login as xbmc with a blank password.

Is there a way I could reset the password or login somehow to modify the files I need before I go to the last resort and reinstall xbmcbuntu?

Thanks for your help appreciate it.
when you install xbmcbuntu you were prompted to create a login and password. Have you forgotten it? Smile
I must have lol

Thought I left the password field blank but it would appear that isn't the case :S
Plug a keyboard into your xbmc, then hit CTRL+ALT+F1 (F1-F6 works). That should bring up a terminal prompt, once your past the login, type in: sudo passwd xbmc (if thats your username), change your password from blank, then hit CTRL+ALT+F7 to return to xbmc, or just type sudo restart.
(2013-08-04, 07:47)getsome Wrote: Plug a keyboard into your xbmc, then hit CTRL+ALT+F1 (F1-F6 works). That should bring up a terminal prompt, once your past the login, type in: sudo passwd xbmc (if thats your username), change your password from blank, then hit CTRL+ALT+F7 to return to xbmc, or just type sudo restart.

Sweet I will try that!
(2013-08-04, 07:47)getsome Wrote: Plug a keyboard into your xbmc, then hit CTRL+ALT+F1 (F1-F6 works). That should bring up a terminal prompt, once your past the login, type in: sudo passwd xbmc (if thats your username), change your password from blank, then hit CTRL+ALT+F7 to return to xbmc, or just type sudo restart.

I can't seem to get passed the login prompt root username doesn't work with a blank password.

I've tried every password I can think of also.
This has worked for me in the past.

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword
I ended up just reinstalling Ubuntu.

Thanks though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access to XBMCBuntu0