Failed to initialize audio device.
Hi guys. I just got XBMC Live running off of a flash drive and it runs fine, minus the fact that I have no audio whatsoever. There are no menu sounds, and when I try to play a video I get the error in the title.

I've searched and tried stuff, but nothing helped. I've gone through every one of the options I have for audio devices (this may be a good time to mention I'm not running it through my TV or anything- I just want to watch a movie on my laptop and have the sound come out my laptop.).

I'm figuring you guys will need hardware specs and the like but I'm not much of a Linux person and ergo have no clue what commands I'm supposed to run to give you what you need, so if you give me those I'll post the results as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance Smile
I am using XBMCbuntu and today I also did a github update to the latest of the latest.
I had and I still have the same problem ALMOST. I have audio in films and series and music (sometimes)
When I listen to an album and one song ends and another is about to start there is no audio for the next song. Same thing can occur if I play a song and then after a few songs I try to get back to play the first song one more time, I can move, the first song is even displaying that seconds are running in the song, but no audio in the file that I was able to play 7 minutes ago, very odd.

Anyone else having this problem with latest git rls or with XBMCbuntu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to initialize audio device.0