Win [SOLVED] advancesettings.xml not loading
Hi All

I am trying to migrate accross to MySQL and seem to have an issue with the settings file.

I have created the following file:

C:\Users\telly\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

And it contains the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.0.0.248</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.0.0.248</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<video>
    <!-- Compensate display latency (video lag). Latency is given in msecs. -->
    <latency>

<!-- Global default display latency -->
      <delay>0</delay>
    </latency>

</video>
</advancedsettings>

But its not using the SqlDB when I try to import the library (or I cant see any DB's being created in MySQL Workbench ... Is there something a miss with my settings file ? I dont see any errors in the log file about it ....

Thanks

NikC
Which log have you looked at? You should see in the XBMC folder if the advancedsttings.xml file is loaded. It should, because it looks fine. You should also see any attempt to connect to the mySQL server. You may need to turn on debugging to get more info.

The mySQL server should also have a log telling you what kind of connections have been attempted.

The one step I missed when doing the migration was granting full access to the XBMC user in mySQL:
Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';
Hi

I checked the xbmc log file @

c:\Users\telly\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

Logfile:

http://pastebin.com/U3kpbXCn

No mention of SQL Sad

NikC
Code:
16:41:03 T:4204  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
16:41:03 T:4204  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
You may want to check your path the file is located at.

These are the paths XBMC has mapped:
Code:
16:41:02 T:4204  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
16:41:02 T:4204  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
16:41:02 T:4204  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\telly\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
16:41:02 T:4204  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\telly\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
16:41:02 T:4204  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\telly\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
...a little lower in the log:
Code:
16:41:02 T:4204  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
Sorted it .... school boy error Confused

The file had a double extension ... so advancesettings.xml.xml .....

Nik
That is one reason I always turn off the "hide extensions for known file types".

Glad you got it sorted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] advancesettings.xml not loading0