Subtitles not loading automatically
I'm experiencing that subtitles do not load automatically after downloading from one of the subtitles-services.

Everything seems fine (it downloads and "installs" the .srt file) but no subtitles shows up on the screen. However... if i stop and re-start the movie it loads the subtitles and everything is ok.

So, I have to start the movie, download subs, stop the movie and then restart it to get subtitles to work. If a .srt file is already present with the movie it loads on the first try and everything is ok.

Running Frodo A3, but the problem has been there for a long time...

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
I jut did a test with a vanilla install of Eden. It did not exhibit this behavior. The subtitles immediately began appearing after the file was successfully downloaded.
Just made a log of the problem...

Check line 391 and down... when choosing subtitle from a service it gives an error... but when stopping and starting the movie again it loads the subtitle just fine without me doing anything else but stopping and starting the movie.

(There was no .srt file in the folder before downloading from podnapisi service)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10855195/xbmc.log

Any ideas?
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2012-07-16, 14:38)torcar Wrote: I'm experiencing that subtitles do not load automatically after downloading from one of the subtitles-services.

Everything seems fine (it downloads and "installs" the .srt file) but no subtitles shows up on the screen. However... if i stop and re-start the movie it loads the subtitles and everything is ok.

So, I have to start the movie, download subs, stop the movie and then restart it to get subtitles to work. If a .srt file is already present with the movie it loads on the first try and everything is ok.

Running Frodo A3, but the problem has been there for a long time...

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?
I have the same problem
Very odd. Could you try with default Confluence skin? I do not know if it matters, but it is always best to troubleshoot in the default skin. I just tested multiple times and each time it worked perfectly. Also see if using subscene as the provider makes any difference.

The log acts as if the .srt file isn't proper. I wonder if it is trying to read it before the file is fully copied over.
Tried again last night, now with Confluence skin and another subtitles-provider. Also full restart of entire system etc... (Subscene gave no results, but tried with opensubtitles instead)

The results was identical. Attaching log. Error shows around line 439.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10855195/sub_bug.txt

Can you link to the entire log?
Here is a new complete log.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10855195/xbmc.log

First Aeon Nox - same problem
Second: Confluence - same problem

Thanks for looking at this Kricker Smile
Any ideas?
Sorry. I have gotten really busy with work and life. I haven't had a moment to look into it anymore. Maybe a dev will pop in at some point and have an idea.
Lets hope... Wink

I do however have some new information...

I installed XBMC Frodo alpha3 in another computer, and the exact same thing happens there. I did not actually expect that as I figured this was a "local" problem on my HTPC...

So with that in mind I would guess there is alot of people out there with the same exact problem.

I reverted to Eden and the problem was gone at once.

So... this seems to be a problem with the nightlies/Snapshots and should probably be adressed Wink

Good information to have. I'll test with my current nightly tomorrow.
So... i've got a new observation...

Turns out... if I download a subtitle twice, it works.

So the procedure has to go like this:

Start movie -> Download sub (Will not work even though the .srt file is downloaded) -> download sub again (Does not matter if it's the same sub that has already been downloaded) -> working subs...

This does not exactly tell me why the first .srt is not loaded, but it's an observation none the lessWink

As I've said before... by reverting to Eden the problem is gone.

I can confirm the issue on win7 and nightly builds
The issue is still present in Frodo Alpha 4.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles not loading automatically0