reinstall xbmc
well iam havibg no luck with my:
audio_TS
video_TS folders that contain burnt movies from a dvd using dvd fab.
all other movies play perfect, a frined of mine is using xbmc and he has no problem playing these movies with the TS format.
Iam using eden11.0
So i want to delete xbmc and reinstall it. i have tried this but all my previous settings are there when i reinstall it so therefore iam not removing all of it.

I think this may be the answer? question is how do i delete xbmc completely and start fresh?
You didn't mention the O/S but using DVD Fab, I'll guess it's whinos/7

Delete or rename C:\Users\Your_Computer_Name_User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC and C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC and you'll be back to Sq #1

I doubt a re-install of XBMC is going to change much... I'd suggest you use something like MakeMKV or Handbrake on those files.
More info would help.

The video shows up in the library?
The video_ts folders are in a folder with the movie name? C:\\films\The Matrix\video_ts\...
Are you using folder names to identify the movie (set content to 'use folder names for lookup')?
The VIDEO_TS.IFO file is inside the video_ts folder?
One or 2 cd/dvd video_ts folder?

Your friend is using the exact same film as you or just also uses video_ts. But he ripped them in a different way then you?
Is the video_ts file on a local hard drive?
Stacking turned on?

Log file of you trying to play it (if it shows up)?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
yes the video shows up int the library dvd cover, when i press play on the dvd cover, it gives 2 choices:
audio_ts
video_ts
if i hit video_ts it gives me a list of sub files to select, each subfile will play a few minutes of the movie or a piece of the chapter.
yes iam using folder names to id the movie
IFO is not in the video_TS folder
one dvd per folder.
and yes i gave him my movies a few hundred, and told him to use xbmc to play them he can play any movie any file even the audio_ts and video_ts
? its the weirdest thingso its possible if he can do it and iam sure most people riped movies using dvd fab.
for me the TS files play perfect with windows media center.

Sorry, i am a little foggy on video_ts and i don't have any to test anymore, but if i remember correct:

In library mode, pressing play on the video_ts should start it.
And in files mode it should go inside to show you the files.

How exactly is your friend starting the film?
Enter or play on the folder or the ifo?

If anyone with a working video_ts could check/confirm?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Make sure you load the .ifo file as MassIV commented on.
Did it work before or is this new to you?
youre awesome!!!
thanks so much for months i have bben trying to get this to work, now its working.
stacking was not on i turned it on like you said, now TS files are playing!
but...now my movies are seperated listing a-z the ones that pplayed before, and then all my TS movies are listed a-z after the other ones
Just play around with the 'view modes' and 'sort by' and 'sort' options. There are also many cool skins to play with.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/thumb/c/c6/L...ntrols.jpg
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reinstall xbmc0