Deactivate screensaver from remote
Is there some way to create a remote action which deactivates the screensaver if it is currently active, and does nothing if it isn't? (Similar to pressing a Shift key on a desktop computer for waking it up.)

What I am trying to achieve is one button on my Harmony remote which powers on the TV and simultaneously deactivates the screensaver (if active). The simplistic approach with just sending any key to xbmc would run the risk of triggering something undesired if the screensaver wasn't active at the moment.
'Stop'
Will do nothing if nothing is playing, but i assume you already have that?
'Back'
Would bring you to the homescreen as only 'undesired' effect.

Or pick something nice for yourself
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml#Actions
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Action_IDs
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
lol I had the same issue a while back

Some solutions I could come up with were

1) Create a macro and send a) "i" button to open info screen followed by b) "Esc" to close the info button (this worked even when music or videos were playing)

2) If you don't mind seeing the homepage every time, just send "Esc" (If music is playing, it will exit fullscreen)

3) I haven't tested this but certain remote keys (on my mce remote) don't have any function associated other than sending a notice, so at the top of the screen it says "such and such button was pressed". I am assuming this would exit the screensaver without any other function
(2012-07-16, 23:09)aptalca Wrote: 3) I haven't tested this but certain remote keys (on my mce remote) don't have any function associated other than sending a notice, so at the top of the screen it says "such and such button was pressed". I am assuming this would exit the screensaver without any other function

Ah, that is a good idea.

I created an entry in my universal remote section like this:
Code:
<obc123>XBMC.Notification("Hi there", "",1)</obc123>

This will deactivate the screensaver. And the short notification which results if the button is pressed when the screensaver is not active shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deactivate screensaver from remote0