- No items had background images
- All menus were horizontal, aligned at the bottom of the screen
- The "recently added" list had about 100 items in it and showed an icon next to "watched"
- There were NO animations at all between screens; things would just appear without fades or zooms
- I had some way of defaulting ALL screens to "list" with an image preview and description on the right
I can see that I can black out a bunch of images in the ~/media/backdrops, ~/media/backgrounds and ~/backgrounds folders.
I nosed through ~/720p/custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml but couldn't see how to disable animations or to extend the number of recent items.
I've not done skin work before, so there's a LOT to read through (starting with http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skinning) so any pointers to how I can FIX the skin so that it works the way I want?