New HTPC build
All new except for SSD. Will be used for light gaming also. What do you think?

WIN7 HOME FULL + XBMC
CASE: SILVERSTONE GD07B + SILVERSTONE SSD BRACKET
CPU : I5-3570k
PASTE: PROLIMATECH PK-1
MB : ASUS P8Z77PRO-V
RAM: 8GB GSKILL DDR3 1600
HD: INTEL 520 120SSD (already owned, reusing), 3x WD GREEN EARX 2TB
TV TUNER: CETON 4PCIE
PS: SEASONIC SS-560KM
BD: LG
REMOTE: MEDIAGATE GP-IRO2BK
KEYBOARD: LOGITECH K400

Going to try out the HD4000 and see if I need a separate card. If so, probably going to get the 6770. I use madVR and FFDshow now to upscale and hopefully this build will allow me to upscale on max settings. To do it right this time, I am going to purchase Assasin's guides and hopefully this build will be wife proof. If not, i'm in trouble. I spent alot and she found out ;(

Assasin, how much do you charge per PM? Flat fee?

(2012-07-17, 01:32)BenchTT Wrote: Assasin, how much do you charge per PM? Flat fee?

What? are you serious? we here help out for free... it's a hobby to us. Undecided

he doesnt charge to help out lol... his guides are worth it though if your a noob like me!
he helped me a LOT! (for free)
Built. Using 28Jul nightly build and bitstreaming to Onkyo TX-SR805 isnt working. Ripped BD using makeMKV and it plays flawless when trueHD or dtsMaster is not checked but studders around 1fps and its not playable.

Suggestions? The HD4000 is supposed to bitstream.
(2012-07-30, 17:22)BenchTT Wrote: Built. Using 28Jul nightly build and bitstreaming to Onkyo TX-SR805 isnt working. Ripped BD using makeMKV and it plays flawless when trueHD or dtsMaster is not checked but studders around 1fps and its not playable.

Suggestions? The HD4000 is supposed to bitstream.
You might not use the correct XBMC version and configurations. You can check out this "Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC........." to properly configure XBMC for bitstreaming......and for Intel chip, you can disable DXVA.

If you have more question, don't be afraid to ask. We're happy to help fellow XBMC user.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-07-17, 01:45)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 01:32)BenchTT Wrote: Assasin, how much do you charge per PM? Flat fee?

What? are you serious? we here help out for free... it's a hobby to us. Undecided

It's unfortunate that the first piece of free advice a new user will go to is in the first sticky in this section which is inaccurate. The info needs either updating or deleting.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
(2012-07-17, 01:32)BenchTT Wrote: To do it right this time, I am going to purchase Assasin's guides and hopefully this build will be wife proof. If not, i'm in trouble. I spent alot and she found out ;(

Assasin, how much do you charge per PM? Flat fee?

(2012-07-30, 21:18)DavidT99 Wrote:

It's unfortunate that the first piece of free advice a new user will go to is in the first sticky in this section which is inaccurate. The info needs either updating or deleting.

David

I answer hundreds of posts, PMs and emails each and every week for and from users on multiple websites. For free.
Thanks bluray, bitstreaming perfect now. Nightly builds are misleading. makeMKV needs to support TrueHD but my rips with dtsMaster are perfect.

In my orignial post, I was being a little sarcastic when I said "charge for PM". I appreciate everything I've learned from this forum and others and I always tend to see assassin helping out.

(2012-07-30, 23:54)BenchTT Wrote: Thanks bluray, bitstreaming perfect now. Nightly builds are misleading. makeMKV needs to support TrueHD but my rips with dtsMaster are perfect.
I don't mess around with Nightlies, and I'm glad that you can bitstream HD audio now.......Nod

If you want a freeware that supports TrueHD and DTS-HD, you can use this "tsMuxer" to convert BD to m2ts file.....it work great with XBMC.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-07-30, 23:54)BenchTT Wrote: Thanks bluray, bitstreaming perfect now. Nightly builds are misleading. makeMKV needs to support TrueHD but my rips with dtsMaster are perfect.

In my orignial post, I was being a little sarcastic when I said "charge for PM". I appreciate everything I've learned from this forum and others and I always tend to see assassin helping out.

I knew you were being sarcastic. However, sarcasm doesn't seem to translate very well in forums often times. Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC build0