Linux xbmc+tvheadend+?+tvtuner=live TV
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

Being a complete new comer to the linux scene I have been struggling with trying to configure my htpc to view live TV for the past week or so. I have found firmwear (v4l-saa7164-1.0.3.fw / v4l-saa7164-1.0.3.fw), installed tvheadend and sucessfully logged in only to find no "TV Adapters" listed under the configure tab. I've set up two "accounts", one admin and one for the XBMC to point to with streaming enabled

I am running XBMC, have the LIVETV tab installed, and have the HTSP tvheadend PVR client "enabled" (but not sure if it is configured properly). Just recently, when I select Channels I see a pop-up saying no PVR client not detected. When i configured the tvheadend PVR add-on I was told it would need to restart, but i'm not sure how to do so.

My question is this: What do you need to see (log files, screen shots etc.) for you to understand my problem. Then, I will need help resolving my issue

Thanks for your help and patience (i'm just about out....) Big Grin
.. better ask again in "PVR-Development" subforum .. btw. if tvheadend shows no TV Adapter you won't see LiveTV; first livetv has to work with tvheadend ;-) since this is the backend which streams tv signal to XBMC .. the PVR addon only connects to tvheadend .. there you have to enter the correct account info .. which tv adapter ? lspci, lsusb .. did you prove if the tv adapter is supported by linux ?

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2012-07-17, 20:03)LastCoder Wrote: .. better ask again in "PVR-Development" subforum .. btw. if tvheadend shows no TV Adapter you won't see LiveTV; first livetv has to work with tvheadend ;-) since this is the backend which streams tv signal to XBMC .. the PVR addon only connects to tvheadend .. there you have to enter the correct account info .. which tv adapter ? lspci, lsusb .. did you prove if the tv adapter is supported by linux ?

So long

LastCoder

This is pretty consistent with my understanding, though it's nice to see it explained simply.

To answer your question - I guess I don't have an adapter since I don't recognize the acronyms you mentioned and none show up in the list when i log into tvheadend using the http://localserver:9981

I have the hauppauge 2250 tuner and the research I did prior to purchasing indicated that it was compatible. I will do some more research on the tv adapters and get back to you.

Thanks for your help!
(2012-07-18, 00:05)airborne_j Wrote: This is pretty consistent with my understanding, though it's nice to see it explained simply.

To answer your question - I guess I don't have an adapter since I don't recognize the acronyms you mentioned and none show up in the list when i log into tvheadend using the http://localserver:9981

I have the hauppauge 2250 tuner and the research I did prior to purchasing indicated that it was compatible. I will do some more research on the tv adapters and get back to you.

Thanks for your help!

Hehe - lspci and lsusb are linux commands that list (ls) the known pci and usb devices .. if you ask for hardware support in linux you'll always have to give some infos about the system, distribution, kernel and so on .. linux is not windows ;-)

If this

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppa...V-HVR-2250

is your card, it should work ...

But as mentioned before .. this problem is better discussed in PVR Section ..

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc+tvheadend+?+tvtuner=live TV0