Title instead of tagline (mod)
Hello,

Thought I would post this in case anyone could find use for it. I have been trying to sort out my library ensuring every movie had a logo but was running into problems identifying the movie if a logo was not present as i was then having to go into list view. So I thought I would have a play and added a veiwtype setting to allow use of title instead of tagline.

Here are the additions

Viewtype_landscape.xml
Code:
<control type="label">
                    <posx>510</posx>
                    <posy>1030</posy>
                    <width>900</width>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
                    <font>Font_Bold22</font>
                    <scroll>true</scroll>
                    <scrollspeed>30</scrollspeed>
                    <textcolor>FFe1e1e1</textcolor>
                    <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
                    <label>$VAR[LandscapeLogoLabelVarAlt]</label>
                    <visible>[Skin.HasSetting(landscapelogo) | Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo)] + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)]  + !Control.HasFocus(61) + Skin.HasSetting(alttagline)</visible>
                </control>

Variables.xml
Code:
<variable name="LandscapeLogoLabelVarAlt">
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies)">$INFO[listitem.Title]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label12][LOWERCASE]$INFO[[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes), ($LOCALIZE[16101]: ,)][/LOWERCASE]</value>
    </variable>

custom_1126_ViewtypeSettings.xml
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="1634">
                <description>Use Movie Tytle instead of Tagline</description>
                <include>Objects_MediaMenuButtonAlt2</include>
                <label>42281</label>
                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(alttagline)</onclick>
                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(alttagline)</selected>
                <visible>stringcompare(Skin.String(actualViewtype),landscape) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)] + [Skin.HasSetting(landscapelogo) | Skin.HasSetting(landscapeonelogo)]</visible>
            </control>

Strings.xml
Code:
<string id="42281">Use Title instead of Tagline</string>

The only issue I seem to be having is the id number in viewtypesetting.xml seems to control the order in which the menu item is selected. I'm not sure how to select the correct number to ensure this works flawlessly
Hi,

I was working on something similar but it's my first modification on a skin and it's pretty hard to find the right place to change.
Anyway, I'd rather go and replace the default logo by the title.
If I find how to do it, I'll share.
I know what you mean. Its my first time too and it can be very confusing at first... I was thinking along the same lines as you. But this one seemed pretty simple to implement as a temp fix until all my logos were up to date. I may have a look this evening

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Title instead of tagline (mod)0