MySQL Population
That made loading the thumbnails a little quicker, however, for some reason I can no longer open my file manager and view the log file. The file manager literally will not open. I'm getting a frozen wallpaper and I can't do anything. I've rebooted and yet I still can't do anything but browse the web and open xbmc. What is this?
(2012-07-19, 01:17)Ned Scott Wrote: An easy way to do this is to just copy sources.xml between each XBMC box.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are already running MySQL, wouldn't adding the following to advancedsettings.xml prevent the need to copy sources.xml to each PC?

Code:
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
<to>smb://my-username:my-password@my-sql-server/xbmc/userdata/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>

That's the whole idea of using advancedsettings.xml. It should be the only file you need to copy to each client.
No it's not. That is plain wrong. sources.xml defines what sources you can browse in file mode.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My mistake, still learning how this all works and should have done more research before posting- thanks John.
You can share the sources.xml file, but it's not required for a MySQL set up. It depends on what one wants to share or have kept separate, etc.
So what am I supposed to do if my library doesn't offer me movie information from my MySQL server?
Any help available?
Do you see movie/tv show information from any of the clients?
Well I only have XBMC/MySQL on one machine and XBMC on another laptop wirelessly accessing the main computer. No information other than thumbnails are being shown for each file.
need fresh debug logs from one of those machines, now that advancedsettings.xml should be cleaned up.
Sorry, just now got a free moment to get back to XBMC.

Here is my current debug log.
http://pastebin.com/wXXAa13u
Any findings?
Shameless bump.
Okay now a shameful bump.
Not sure. The debug log shows everything was set up correctly. Is the library not showing up on both computers, or just the second one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Population0