Android SoulMote for Android (unofficial remote)
(2012-07-24, 18:10)dwagner Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 17:50)e2zippo Wrote: Looks great, is is tablet optimized?
I use the Samsung GT-P1000 tablet for development. It looks great on the tablet.

I've coded the main menu, remote and bookshelf views to auto scale themselves to fit any screen size (the resources were taken from the iPad version so they should look good on android tablets as well). The only side effect I've noticed is sometimes the directional buttons are 1 pixel off from the scaling breaking the perfect circle (but its a minor issue).

Try it out and see how it looks on your tablet. If you feel something is off do let me know. SoulMote will keep improving all the time and feedback is welcome.

Sounds great, I'll defenitely give it a go and give some feedback!

Cheers!

(2012-07-24, 23:57)dwagner Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 21:04)aptalca Wrote: But out of curiosity, how come you decided to release your own android remote rather than contributing to the official android remote? The official remote is open source, but unfortunately no commits have been made in over 4 months. It is already pretty stable and full of features (Thousands of people are already using it). It just needs talented developers like you to add some more functionality from time to time to keep it up-to-date.
Late in 2010 I purchased an XBMC remote for my iPhone (called XBMC Remote). Sadly not long after I purchased it, the developer stopped updating it, and I started having problems using it with XBMC 10. So I decided to make my own remote. That's how SoulMote was born. Fast forward 35000 users and I started getting requests to bring SoulMote to Android. I began porting SoulMote as part of a learning experience, as I had never written a native Android app before. I kept the code as close to the iPhone/iPad version as possible. This allows me to make improvements to both versions quite quickly, and it sometimes also helps in squashing bugs on both os's.

I use any money I make from the remote to continue to improve it. My greatest pleasure has been the positive feedback I have received on the iPhone/iPad version. I hope in time that the Android version will give users the same positive experience.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize it was ported from ios. Now that explains the bookshelf look Laugh

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it.

Keep up the good work and good luck with the development.
dwagner for some reason I am not able to connect to my xbmc. I am able to connect through the official remote so I know the issue is not the connection information. Is there any setting that needs to be looked at?
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2012-07-25, 22:02)hunkyn Wrote: dwagner for some reason I am not able to connect to my xbmc. I am able to connect through the official remote so I know the issue is not the connection information. Is there any setting that needs to be looked at?
Hi, lets work through the issue. Please give me some more info:
1. Which version of XBMC are you running and on what OS.
2. Are you running on the standard port 8080?
3. Do you have a username and password on your XBMC setup?
4. Do you add the host manually or through the Discover option. If manually what do your use for the host.
(2012-07-25, 22:20)dwagner Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 22:02)hunkyn Wrote: dwagner for some reason I am not able to connect to my xbmc. I am able to connect through the official remote so I know the issue is not the connection information. Is there any setting that needs to be looked at?
Hi, lets work through the issue. Please give me some more info:
1. Which version of XBMC are you running and on what OS.
2. Are you running on the standard port 8080?
3. Do you have a username and password on your XBMC setup?
4. Do you add the host manually or through the Discover option. If manually what do your use for the host.

dwagner, i fixed the problem. The issue was the auto correct on keyboard made the first letter in username capital and that was causing the issue. It took me a lot of time but i figured it out in the end Smile. Sometimes we concentrate on everything except for the important one.

Thank you for all your efforts
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2012-07-26, 21:55)hunkyn Wrote: dwagner, i fixed the problem. The issue was the auto correct on keyboard made the first letter in username capital and that was causing the issue. It took me a lot of time but i figured it out in the end Smile. Sometimes we concentrate on everything except for the important one.
Glad you sorted it out. Let me know if you run into any problems with SoulMote. I haven't been getting much crash logs (which I guess is a good thing). But every one that has been submitted thus far has been fixed by version 1.16 which I released earlier today. Improvement updates will continue to flow on a regular basis.
Using Nexus 7. Crashes after trying to put in XBMC details. Now it crashes as soon as I open.

Thank you to everyone for this awesome software!
(2012-07-27, 07:50)SlackMaster Wrote: Using Nexus 7. Crashes after trying to put in XBMC details. Now it crashes as soon as I open.
I've uploaded a new version which fixes a crash bug from a submitted log (not sure if you sent that log or another user).
There was an additional fix I made for users of XBMC 10. Try out version 1.17 and let me know if it sorted out your issue.
Version 1.18 is released.
I've added an option in the menu to switch off the media box rotation animations. Users who find this animation really slow on their device, should switch this off (issue originally reported by user with EeePad Transformer TF101)
I've also added an option for using HTTP API in sources. This was on by default in previous builds, but there was no option to switch it off. Unless you're having issues listing your sources, I would recommended that you do leave HTTP API on for Sources, because the JSON API in Eden and version below does not output the file date (I have also not yet added the support for Frodo for this).
Fixed more reported crash bugs.
I've uploaded Version 1.21 of SoulMote to the Google Play store (should appear within the next two hours of this post).

There are some more stability fixes
Thanks to some users who contacted me, I have been able to track down bugs that I would otherwise have not found.
So please report issues here, or via the support section of SoulMote. I am always happy to fix issues reported.

Version 1.21 also has some Pre-Frodo support. However I still highly recommend users to remain on XBMC Eden, as Pre-Frodo is changing quite dramatically at the moment. There are also areas were SoulMote does not yet work well with Pre-Frodo as I am awaiting some feature requests.
Movies says loading. Then finishes... It shows nothing

Actors works fine

Tv shows works fine

Pictures --> crash

on Samsung Galaxy SII android 4.0.4
(2012-08-15, 08:45)fonaklas Wrote: Movies says loading. Then finishes... It shows nothing

Actors works fine

Tv shows works fine

Pictures --> crash

Firstly thanks for reporting the issue. I'm going to PM you in regards to the movie issue. If you will send me one file from XBMC I will be able to pinpoint why you are seeing empty movies and have a fix out within 24 hours.

For pictures, I have made a fix for the next release. The fix was to do with a case where a user had no pictures, and SoulMote assumes there was always pictures. So I'm not sure if that is also the issue you are having.
(2012-08-15, 12:44)dwagner Wrote: Firstly thanks for reporting the issue. I'm going to PM you in regards to the movie issue. If you will send me one file from XBMC I will be able to pinpoint why you are seeing empty movies and have a fix out within 24 hours.

For pictures, I have made a fix for the next release. The fix was to do with a case where a user had no pictures, and SoulMote assumes there was always pictures. So I'm not sure if that is also the issue you are having.

As i replied in the PM, i am using an sql database for my xbmc.
Yes i had no pictures, so that was the problem (i was just playing around with the program)

Everything else seems to work fine
(2012-08-15, 23:15)fonaklas Wrote: As i replied in the PM, i am using an sql database for my xbmc.
Yes i had no pictures, so that was the problem (i was just playing around with the program)

Everything else seems to work fine
I've sent you a PM with 3 options that can help me sort out the issue (any one of the options should work for me, so whatever is most convenient to you). I've worked with other users that have MYSQL databases, so that is not a problem.
(2012-08-15, 08:45)fonaklas Wrote: Movies says loading. Then finishes... It shows nothing

Actors works fine

Tv shows works fine

Pictures --> crash

I've uploaded version 1.24 which should fix these issues. Try it out when you get a chance and let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for Android (unofficial remote)1