Weather \ Script Startup Time
Sorry if this has been answered here but I have not found the answers yet.

I am upgrading from Dharma to Eden and am testing on my laptop. I first hit an issue with a huge amount of slow response for about 15 minutes when first loading XBMC. After some research I disabled a few widgets and loading scripts and it seems to be much quicker but the weather doesn't allow updating for about 5 minutes after XBMC loads. I have been finding that until the weather is allowd to load and display it causes a few slowdowns and then after the display for the weather pops uo (at 0 degrees) on the man screen it starts to run much smoother and then the weather populates.

It seems there is something that stops the plugin loading and I wondered if there is anything I can change to make it load quicker as a test?
you could try different weather addons.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Should have mentioned that. I have tried 3 different addons (Wunder Underground, Oz Weather and Weather Plus). All do the same.

When I go into the weather module after a startup it shows a 0? for the location instead of my city and it cannot be refreshed for about 3-5 minutes after which the 0 Degrees will pop up on the home screen and it then refreshes the data after.

I recall some time ago when Eden was still in testing that there was a delay added to the startup for some scripts to allow smoother loading time and I am sure this was done at a skin level but not sure.

The issues I will be facing is that I switch between XBMC for most things, Boxee for online content and MediaPortal for live TV and every time XBMC has to be closed and opened I get the slow loading times.
(2012-07-19, 03:03)phsyraxion Wrote: Should have mentioned that. I have tried 3 different addons (Wunder Underground, Oz Weather and Weather Plus). All do the same.

When I go into the weather module after a startup it shows a 0? for the location instead of my city and it cannot be refreshed for about 3-5 minutes after which the 0 Degrees will pop up on the home screen and it then refreshes the data after.

I recall some time ago when Eden was still in testing that there was a delay added to the startup for some scripts to allow smoother loading time and I am sure this was done at a skin level but not sure.

The issues I will be facing is that I switch between XBMC for most things, Boxee for online content and MediaPortal for live TV and every time XBMC has to be closed and opened I get the slow loading times.

skins don´t handle weather scripts, that´s done by xbmc itself. so this probably has nothing to do with the skin.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-07-19, 03:03)phsyraxion Wrote: Should have mentioned that. I have tried 3 different addons (Wunder Underground, Oz Weather and Weather Plus). All do the same.

That's odd. I encounter a slight delay at my initial startup that is definitely weather related with weather underground (less so with google weather) but it is nowhere near 3 minutes. Not even close. 30 seconds tops. Also, I can end the delay by going into weather and selecting refresh.

The fact that you are unable to do that, regardless of the weather addon is seemingly uniquely peculiar. Perhaps try google weather.[/b]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather \ Script Startup Time0