unplayed album filter
I thought it would be a nice idea if there was a filter in the album view to list only unplayed albums; a listened to flag so to speak. I have tried solving this with a smart playlist but that lumps all unplayed songs together in a huge playlist, there isn't a way I know of to chop it up into complete albums. If this sounds like a good idea and isn't too difficult to implement, I am willing to give it a shot myself as I'm currently on summer break from my computer science course and would love to be able to help here, if at all possible.
Technically it should be possible with a smartplaylist, but it probably isn't hooked up. You'll need to come up with the query for grabbing albums that haven't been played, and then that would be hooked up to smartplaylists.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-19, 00:01)jmarshall Wrote: Technically it should be possible with a smartplaylist, but it probably isn't hooked up. You'll need to come up with the query for grabbing albums that haven't been played, and then that would be hooked up to smartplaylists.

I think I got this. I need to program in a query in the smart playlist "match items where" menu to select albums where playcount is less than 1. For that to work though, wouldn't albums need to have a new property attached to them, since I presume only songs have a playcount and not albums.

Also, would it not be better to have it as a view option instead, like movies has "Hide watched", music could have "Hide listened", considering they are based on the same pros and cons of organising your library in a quick way to consume fresh content.

Whichever is the preferred way I am happy to do, but just to say, I think the second would be better, personally.
If it's a smartplaylist then it can be used without a toggle, and can also be combined with other filters - IMO more useful.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I found a solution for this, working as of Kodi 18.
This may help whoever lands here:

Contrary to what is stated in the kodi wiki about playlists (https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Fields), "album" smart playlists actually support the "playcount" field, and the following smart playlist does the job:

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="albums">
<name>(Unplayed Albums)</name>
<match>all</match>
<limit>100</limit>
<rule field="playcount" operator="is">
<value>0</value>
</rule>
<order>random</order>
</smartplaylist>
(2019-11-10, 19:26)htpcero Wrote: Contrary to what is stated in the kodi wiki about playlists (https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Fields), "album" smart playlists actually support the "playcount" field,
Thanks. Fixed, but the whole page could do with some TLC.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I don't know enough to add anything useful but I thought I'd add this for reference: http://id3.org/id3v2.3.0#Play_counter
Quote:4.17. Play counter
This is simply a counter of the number of times a file [my emphasis] has been played. The value is increased by one every time the file begins to play. There may only be one "PCNT" frame in each tag. When the counter reaches all one's, one byte is inserted in front of the counter thus making the counter eight bits bigger. The counter must be at least 32-bits long to begin with.

<Header for 'Play counter', ID: "PCNT">
Counter $xx xx xx xx (xx ...)

FWIW, my music (& metadata) is more important to me than movies/tv shows.  Moved my music to Kodi about a year ago, a few tiny, tiny niggles but very happy so far.  Just trying to figure out the nuances...
(2019-11-11, 21:53)dubwat Wrote: FWIW, my music (& metadata) is more important to me than movies/tv shows.
Ha, you have become daveblake's instant best friend Wink

Kodi can already track Playcount and Last Played and these can be exported to Single File and then imported back into Kodi in the event of rebuilding your library. Kodi does not have the ablility to edit music files, so modifiying tags to add play counts is not possible.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unplayed album filter0