[SOLVED] Have audio, but no video
I recently installed XBMC eden for the first time and can't get any video playback (black screen); though I hear the audio. Videos play fine in VLC and through Meedio.

I have tried to search for a solution prior to writing this post; sorry in advance if I missed a commonly addressed problem.

Through the coarse of trying to solve the problem I installed Direct X Jun 2010 redist. package.

I've also toggled every seemingly possible video and playback settings as well.

Here is the debug log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/1098767/

The machine running XBMC:
Old Sony Vaio
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 build 2600
GPU: Intel ® 82845 G Graphics Controller
Intel P4 2.40 GHZ
RAM: 1GB
Direct 3d version: 6.13.1.3264

Thank you all for your help
My guess would be that your GPU just is not up to par for Eden.
Thanks for your reply. I definitely know my old hardware has some major limitations. I forgot that the computer also has a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card in it, if it makes any difference.

I was under the impression that the problem was a software issue, being that xbmc starts and navigates the menus; otherwise operates correctly, other than playing videos.

Why would the videos play in VLC and Meedio and not XBMC?

Should I try reinstalling various codecs or updating any particular software; or is it a lost cause with my current pc?

Thanks again for the help.
The FX5200 card will probably do a better job than the onboard card you're using if you can make that card default. Also try to disable DXVA hardware acceleration and see if that makes a difference.

Updating codec's should not make a difference as XBMC uses it's own codecs.

System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
Your log shows the Intel GPU. So as tocar stated, you need to switch to the Nvidia card and see how that goes.
Solved; I was able to switch to the Nvidia card and it now works. Thank you both very much for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Have audio, but no video0