• 3(current)
[RELEASE] CBSnews.com - Various news and shows (60 Minutes, 48 Hours, ..)
Awesome work on the plugin. It would be nice if the full episodes could be separated from the split episodes. Once you hit "All videos" there is no time information to figure out which are full length and which arent.
(2012-12-11, 21:36)cablegoon Wrote: plugin seems to have video sizing issues the past week - anyone else have this problem. The video screen is about a quarter of what its supposed to be
The 720p videos had some problems, but they seem to have fixed it now.
If you notice any video with sizing issues, you can change the bitrate/resolution via the addon settings as a workaround.

(2013-01-13, 07:07)bharath23 Wrote: Awesome work on the plugin. It would be nice if the full episodes could be separated from the split episodes. Once you hit "All videos" there is no time information to figure out which are full length and which arent.
I will try this, but I dont think its possible to seperate them.
Thank you very much for this excellent addon. I can finally way uptodate 60 minutes again.

Is it possible to organize the content better? Full Episodes, Clips, Web Extras? I noticed that the website source has these under different sections.

Again, thank you for your hard work.

Regards.
(2013-01-13, 07:07)bharath23 Wrote: It would be nice if the full episodes could be separated from the split episodes. Once you hit "All videos" there is no time information to figure out which are full length and which arent.
(2013-02-24, 05:39)atv2jber Wrote: Is it possible to organize the content better? Full Episodes, Clips, Web Extras? I noticed that the website source has these under different sections.
Hi,
until now, the addon shows the same as the video center does. But its really messed up on their site, especially the 60minutes stuff.
I discovered the (new?) detail page for 60minutes with seperated content - I will implement this.
Also, there is a full episode page for the evening news, which I will also add.

I will try my best to make it more comfortable! Wink
(2013-02-24, 19:45)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 07:07)bharath23 Wrote: It would be nice if the full episodes could be separated from the split episodes. Once you hit "All videos" there is no time information to figure out which are full length and which arent.
(2013-02-24, 05:39)atv2jber Wrote: Is it possible to organize the content better? Full Episodes, Clips, Web Extras? I noticed that the website source has these under different sections.
Hi,
until now, the addon shows the same as the video center does. But its really messed up on their site, especially the 60minutes stuff.
I discovered the (new?) detail page for 60minutes with seperated content - I will implement this.

Ok, should be clearer now:
- 60 minutes now shows a content selection: Full shows, Overtime, Web extras, ...
- Evening news are now also devided in full episodes and clips. There is also an entry to directly play the latest full episode of the evening news. (Nice for shortcuts)
- 48 Hours shows only the full episodes.
All other shows/categories are shown as in the video center. Search is now also working again...

Please let me know if everything is working fine, so I can add it to the repo!
(2013-02-25, 01:28)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 19:45)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
Hi,

- 60 minutes now shows a content selection: Full shows, Overtime, Web extras, ...
- Evening news are now also devided in full episodes and clips. There is also an entry to directly play the latest full episode of the evening news. (Nice for shortcuts)
All other shows/categories are shown as in the video center. Search is now also working again...

Download v1.0.7

Thank you. The 60 Minutes stuff is great! This is going to be one of my favorite and highest used add-ons on my XBMC installation.

Really, I can't say thank you enough.
(2013-02-27, 05:26)atv2jber Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 01:28)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 19:45)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Hi,

Thank you. The 60 Minutes stuff is great! This is going to be one of my favorite and highest used add-ons on my XBMC installation.

Really, I can't say thank you enough.
Im glad you like it! Smile

v1.0.7 (eden) / v2.0.7 (frodo) is now available via the xbmc.org repo...
A couple of days ago I started getting errors whenever I use this plugin. This happens on both my Raspberry PI and my main PC. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?
Same as Leol. I'm getting Script Error when attempting to use the CBSNews plugin. CBSNews plugin was working for me about 1 week ago. Xbmc.log produces the following:

7:49:14 T:2889120576 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:49:14 T:2889120576 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
Error Contents: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/rbm/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.cbsnews_com/default.py", line 337, in <module>
index()
File "/home/rbm/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.cbsnews_com/default.py", line 22, in index
content = getUrl("http://www.cbsnews.com/video/")
File "/home/rbm/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.cbsnews_com/default.py", line 279, in getUrl
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 520, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 445, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 379, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 528, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
-->End of Python script error report<--
17:49:14 T:3007137600 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.cbsnews_com/
17:49:14 T:3007137600 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.cbsnews_com/) failed

Apears that the remote site is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error.
Seems CBSnews.com changed their layout which resulted in this add-on being broken. I guess we wait on the maintainer to have a change to fix it so that it works again or we can collectively try to figure it out. Smile
I will have a look at it...
Thanks, much appreciated.
CBSnews completely changed their site, so i have to rewrite the addon.
Update should be available next days.
Thanks AddonScriptorDE. This is one of my most used Addons. Your work is greatly appreciated.
Brilliant news. Thank you so much.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBSnews.com - Various news and shows (60 Minutes, 48 Hours, ..)1