• 5(current)
[RELEASE] CBSnews.com - Various news and shows (60 Minutes, 48 Hours, ..)
I'm getting errors with the CBS News plugin again. I assume CBS has changed the format of their website again. When I go into the plugin it used to show the main CBS areas, such as CBS News, 60 Minutes etc. Now it seems as if it is showing one level down as I'm getting, -Popular, -Search, Caught on tape etc. There is now no way of getting to the CBS News and 60 minutes sections.
I haven't been able to use for well over a week. Is there no one maintaining it?
This is one of my favorite addons. When it works, it is fabulous. Unfortunately, it has not been working well for quite awhile.

I join in with those hoping that there can be a fix and a return to glory.
Triple Drat.

It works but not in HD for me.

I looked at my settings and it seems it never was in HD.
FYI

YouTube CBS New isn't updated either. To me that is "not working"

IN YouTube I added in CBS Evening NEW and 60 Minutes.
All in glorious HD and updating

I have never had issues with YouTube in XBMC.

I don't know how DE is expected to to keep up with the website changes.
Futile!

Still love Yahoo Screens and will be checking the DE CBS News plugin time to time.
I looked at the code for this CBS plugin and noted the issue grepping the urls for the categories. I am going to submit a fix to the author @AddonScriptorDE
Hopefully this addon will get fix soon. I was using this one a lot too, especially the "Evening news" and "60 minute"
Sorry for the late reply - an update is now available via my testing-repo...

v2.1.1:
- Fixed thumbnails
- Fixed category listing (thx@nkanand4)
(2014-03-25, 23:34)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Sorry for the late reply - an update is now available via my testing-repo...

v2.1.1:
- Fixed thumbnails

Thank you for updating this as I have been using it for quite some time as a way to keep up with the news in the US. I am an expat and appreciate your work on this.

I clicked on your link for your testing repo but the version of cbsnews.com does not show v2.1.1 but 2.1.0. On github it does not show any activity on your repo for the past 2 months. Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help is appreciated with this great addon and repo.

Thanks. Perhaps I posted too quickly... Although the version does not show as 2.1.1 however when I used the addon anyway and chose the evening news and selected play latest episode it did work. So, thank you for your attention in fixing this. I am happy to be able to see the evening news again. Smile
When I tried to install it I just has an empty folder and when I open the zip it's just addon.xml file. Is it supposed to be installed a different way?
There is no update for this addon? It is very sad to see that one of the most important ones got somehow lost and never updated. The link posted by AddonScriptorDE is not working. Hoever, it has been more than a month since is dead. Same with FoxNews addon too.
The link posted by AddonScriptorDE worked for me. It's been working fine since doing that update. Are you sure you got the latest version?
(2014-03-25, 23:34)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Sorry for the late reply - an update is now available via my testing-repo...

v2.1.1:
- Fixed thumbnails

60 Minutes works again. Thanks! Can you push this up to mainline? So that I don't have to have the testing repo installed?

Regards.
It looks like CBS has changed it's website again as I'm getting blank lists for all shows. Anyone else getting the same issue?
Yup, having a similar problem. I have one one machine running Frodo and the add on works ok except that the lists are blank. I use it to watch the evening news, which still works. However, on my machines running Gotham, it's not working.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBSnews.com - Various news and shows (60 Minutes, 48 Hours, ..)1