• 6(current)
[RELEASE] CBSnews.com - Various news and shows (60 Minutes, 48 Hours, ..)
v2.1.2:
- Fixed 60 minutes episode listing
@AddonScriptorDE CBS launched CBSN, a 24hr streaming news and replay news service. It is part of, linked at least to the main CBS News site. Could make a great edition to your add-on when you get time
Where can I get v2.1.2? I am currently on 2.1.1 and am having problems trying to view 60 minutes.
I'm having an issue with this plugin running on RaspBMC. Both while watching the Evening News and 48 Hours I get instances where the video will suddenly fast-forward ahead and then pause, and only then the audio will resume with a paused display. This behavior seems to occur at places where there was a commercial break in the telecast.

I logged an example. Selected the Evening News of 1/24. I fast-forwarded about 12 minutes. Video & audio are in sync until about 13:10 of the video, at which point the behavior occurs.
Logs at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=403235
I am having a similar issue to Jellofan. I like the CBS.com addon but usually only watch 48 Hours. Recently, every time I watch an episode, I get the same video pausing at random times but ALWAYS at a point where there would normally be a commercial break. As Jellofan said, the video seems to freeze but the audio continues. This can happen anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes into the episode but happens at some point every episode. Trying to re-start the stream and skip forward to the part where the error occurred only freezes the stream completely.

Glad to see I am not the only one having this issue but a fix would definitely be nice. REALLY appreciate all the great work you folks do with Kodi and all the addons! Thanks! Smile
I'm not sure what's happening but you can try the WRAL addon from the Kodi.org repo - just go to get addons in Kodi. It is actually a CBS addon which has some affiliate videos as well. Under CBS Programs, you will find 48 Hours, 60 Minutes, Face The Nation, CBS Evening News, etc. I believe the USTVVOD addon also has all the CBS programs.
I also have another addon in the repo which is CBSN. This is a pseudo-live 1080 res news feed from CBS.
Thanks for the reply. Will definitely give the WRAL addon a try. Cheers.
hi, i watch the "Evening News" with version 2.1.1 of the addon. lately there have been cases such as the 4/16 episode (which is titled 4/13) where audio loads but no video plays (only the visualization). if this is an issue on their end, is there something the addon can do to compensate for whatever the problem is?

should i try to get debug logs?

thanks
Well, I was using this one AOK but lately I've noticed the following message every odd day :

"Your connection speed is too slow to view this video"
"This audio-only stream is for users with low bandwidth"

This doesn't happen every day. It is totally random. Anyone else know what's up with this ?? For the record - I certainly do not have a low bandwidth/connection speed - it's state of the art and flying high Smile
No help on this from the wide-world of CBS news watchersHuh That's ok. I'll use the WRAL instead. it seems to be better !
Same problem here, old 60min episodes or 48hrs no problem but the new stuff gets more and more this message.
(2015-05-08, 00:22)jayxx2 Wrote: No help on this from the wide-world of CBS news watchersHuh That's ok. I'll use the WRAL instead. it seems to be better !

Except WRAL has only limited selection of 60min and 48hrs Sad
"Your connection speed is too slow to view this video"
"This audio-only stream is for users with low bandwidth"

I have this issue as well with the CBS News addon. Even though it can play some videos at HD, 60 minutes always gives me the "Too Slow" error which is bogus because I have over 50MBs FIOS. I cannot find any link to the developers or support for this addon. Does anyone know how to get this reported if not resolved?
Bump
Anyone with solution?

Thanks
Bump
Anyone with solution?
=============

I have not heard from anyone except you on this issue Very disappointing

Ezriderz
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBSnews.com - Various news and shows (60 Minutes, 48 Hours, ..)1