Win New HTPC Build - Help!
(2012-07-19, 23:34)Bleikur Wrote:
  • The AMD A8 consumes around two times the power of the Intel i3-2105 at load.

This seems to scale down to the A6-3500 and G530 as well. In my own testing. the A6-3500 was around 80W at full load while the G530 was around 44W. I used a Kill-a-Watt meter and a 120W DC power board with a 120W AC adapter, 4GB and a 64GB SSD.

(2012-07-19, 23:01)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I find it interesting how offering a different viewpoint or opinion, also with the same intent: to help out, maybe save someone some money is interpreted as "being all hot and bothered" and gets responses like "please keep your voice down".
Not you.....nothing wrong with viewpoint and nothing wrong for trying to save others money.......it is meant for this- post #19......Cool
(2012-07-19, 23:47)Dougie Fresh Wrote: A6-3500 and G530 as well. In my own testing.
For HTPC, G530 win my vote.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
People may not like my opinion all the time.

I am okay with that.

BTW I echo the results that Dougie Fresh has reported. Even the Zacate surprisingly runs hotter that I would have expected.
Hi Folks, all my parts arrived today, and I assembled most of everything. When I powered on, nothing happened, the PSU would not power on.

Am I missing something? It was a completely sealed Antec 380 Earthwatts PSU ordered from amazon. Is it just dead? or is something wrong in my setup?

The PSU won;t even turn on, on it's own without being connected to the system.

Help!
Does the PSU have an 1/0 switch on the rear side?
Yes it does. Switched it on/off, left it on for sometime. checked the power cable also.

EDIT: sending it back. Ordered the same thing from newegg.
That´s a bummer.
If the wall socket is functional I the only thing I can think of is asking the vendor.
(2012-07-25, 23:44)saurabh711 Wrote: Yes it does. Switched it on/off, left it on for sometime. checked the power cable also.

EDIT: sending it back. Ordered the same thing from newegg.
I smell DOA........

If you have DMM, you can easily verify it using my instruction in- post #10........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC Build - Help!0