Confluence Lite Mod - What I like and what not
I installed the Confluence Lite Mod to have some more configuration options. Now I can do many cool thing to my Home Menu. Very nice!

There are a few things though I find annoying:
1. The spinning CD when playing music is rather annoying.
2. On Fullscreen, I don't need to see a XBMC logo, and definitely not a "FanArt" version when there is no Artist FanArt.
3. On the original Confluence, I used the option to add Add-ons below the Home Menu. Separate Add-ons for Music, Videos and for Programs. I miss this option. I think the Recent (or random) Albums, Recent Movies etc. above the Menu could be smaller to make space below the Menu for this Add-ons.

Of course, despite of this issues, it is a cool skin
Howzit, the powers that be may prefer all MOD related posts, to be in MOD thread Angel

Glad you enjoy the MOD, Re #1 probably should put in a toggle switch to turn CDArt off or on. Item 2, personally I think that since XBMC is free and an excellent media center it deserves to have it's logo up on show - however lets see what others have to say about it. If you don't like the XBMC fallback when there's no fanart you can change the default.jpg in the skin backgrounds folder, but I need something to fall back onto when the user has no fanart. item 3 we've been going around this option ever since this MOD was first released, everyone has a different view on the matter & since I did the code my view is the one used Big Grin
Noli illegitimi carborundum

There was no choice but to remove the apps from the bottom, it isn't like they can't be added to
any one of the menu items as a panel above instead of below, and most people that use the
mod tend to like it this was.. As for the cd spinning & the logo it would be nice if there could be
a toggle switch for them.. I ended up marking out the places the logo was found in the code.
I can completely agree that it should be in there to give credit where credit is do, it lets everyone
seeing the media center to know what it is powered by, its free advertising.. and it also comes with
a sense of pride. Nod

(2012-07-19, 21:18)music Wrote: I installed the Confluence Lite Mod to have some more configuration options. Now I can do many cool thing to my Home Menu. Very nice!

There are a few things though I find annoying:
1. The spinning CD when playing music is rather annoying.
2. On Fullscreen, I don't need to see a XBMC logo, and definitely not a "FanArt" version when there is no Artist FanArt.
3. On the original Confluence, I used the option to add Add-ons below the Home Menu. Separate Add-ons for Music, Videos and for Programs. I miss this option. I think the Recent (or random) Albums, Recent Movies etc. above the Menu could be smaller to make space below the Menu for this Add-ons.

Of course, despite of this issues, it is a cool skin

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I don't like Tongue

The fullscreen mode fallback image for music playing is also animated like the artist's fanart.

When viewing a list of media and there is no fanart or you are at the top of the directory then the title bar across the top of the screen does not have the darkened background.

The mix of different DVD cases across the MOD.

If you install the MOd for the first time and setup your menu before going to the home screen, then the home screen resets your menu to the default settings.

The stats bar sometimes shows the name of the stat but no info if the system is busy - better to not show anything in such cases.

@Mudislander: Ok, I will post in the MOD forums next time.

The reason I installed this skin was, as I said, to have some configuration options on my Home Menu. But after some trying, it seems that it is not possible in my particular case:
I want to separate "normal" videos and children's videos. Of course I could create a playlist and then add the list as a menu entry. But I want to completely separate the video library. With a Menu for "Children's Movies" with it's own submenu Recently Added, Genre, etc. I already have separated the Movies on my hard-drive and added as separate sources in XBMC.
The same I want for Audio, there I want to separate Music from Audiobooks. Also with completely separate libraries.

I don't know if all this is possible with XBMC.
What you want is just around the corner custom video nodes and A Heads Up Just waiting for the ability to get user choices onto the home menu.

ATM you can do what you want with playlists although they are not completely seperated - ie if you go up directory you will eventually get to the same place.

On the MOD a playlist for childrens movies will have a widget for recently added.

That's really cool. I hope they release stable Frodo soon!
patience.. it may be closer to the end of the year until its released, you can always try
the unstable.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Lite Mod - What I like and what not0