Issue with movie playback
Hello, I am running XBMC on my 2011 mac min with windows 7 using bootcamp.
I have Eden and it is great, however I am having issue with movie playback.

Movie plays fine except on some scenes it shows pixel of purple or red or whatever color.
it last about 2-4 seconds, if scene changes, the color goes back to normal.

During the 2 hour movies, it happen maybe 3 to 4 times and always on same scene,

I am not sure why this is caused, It happened on MP4 and MKV files,
Please advise
If DXVA2 is on in your video playback settings, turn it off.
Thank you for your reply, which setting should it be?
Leave the render settings alone, just turn off "Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2)".
I did above and now the issue is solved, but when Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2) is OFF, my movies slows down on certain scenes.
I think My PC is powerful enough to handled the files. My PC is 2012 Mac mini.

However when Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2) is On, it eliminates the slowness.

Are there any other settings that I can change to speed up (boost) the performance of the movie playback?
Odd. My Core i3 has no issues what so ever. Is your 2012 mac mini a Core i5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000? If so it should have plenty of gogo juice. Make sure you are running the latest Intel drivers. There is a thread in the forums somewhere discussing the drivers. You can find a link to the drivers in that thread. I think they are ones not listed directly on the Intel site.
First of all, thank you for your reply. Yes my mac mini is I5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000.

I will try to find the thread with the driver information,

If you happen to find it, please post it here.

Thanks,
Start here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with movie playback0