FileZilla FTP-server upgrade to 0.9.6b progress
hi guys,
i've started the work to upgrade the xbmc version of filezilla to the latest filezilla code from their cvs.

i've decided to take the following steps:
1. re-check and fix the baseline with filezilla v0_8_8
2. upgrade to new baseline with filezilla v0_9_8b
3. evaluate the further updates to latest for potential individual upgrades, as desired.

i've pretty much finished the re-baselining with v0_8_8, although i might like to go in and clean up a few things. see the summary below for the full comparison. there are 4 basic categories of things:

1. files that are heavily modified for xbmc - will keep the xbmc versions of these, with some potential cleanup. in particular, i would like to go through all xbmc-specific sections of code, and insert the if(_xbox) condition around all custom blocks of code that don't already have it.

2. files that are not currently in xbmc - will assume these were removed for some purpose, and are not needed - so leaving them out.

3. files that are in xbmc but not in fzilla - will assume these were added for some purpose, and so are needed - so leaving them in.

4. files that are not changed, or only trivially changed - will replace all trivially changed files currently in xbmc with actual files from filezilla, assuming that it is best to use the filezilla release as the baseline for as much as possible. based on my analysis, this should not affect anything more than a few debug items here and there.

let me know if you guys disagree with my approach or have any questions.

i plean to get the initial analysis for comparison with 0_9_8b done over the next day or so, and then hopefully the actual upgrade done by the end of the week, depending on how many conflicts my analysis uncovers.

once the full upgrade is done, fully functional site commands will of course also be incorporated.

Quote:xbmc fzilla baseline check - v0_8_8
===================================

xbmc : previously known modified files:

source\controlsocket.cpp         this_file, numerous xbox customizations and bug fixes
  source\controlsocket.h           additional xbox functionality - bsdsfv.h, getcommandfromstring(), msfvfile;
                                   sendcurdir() and senddir() seem to be custom functions, should be in if(_xbox)
  source\options.cpp               custom welcome message for xbmc, also some pragma warnings disabled
  source\permissions.cpp           this_file, xsetfilecachesize calls, rewrote findnextfile loop in getdirectorylisting method,
                                   bug fixes, includes my single-char-drives bug fixes, need to put this inside if(_xbox),
                                   return empty result if(_xbox) for getshortcuttarget.
  source\server.h                  made showstatus and onservermessage methods virutal
  source\thread.cpp                added suspendthread implementation (where is this in fz?)
  source\thread.h                  made thread.run virtual (if _xbox)
  source\transfersocket.cpp        this_file, nolayers, numerous xbox customizations and bug fixes
  source\transfersocket.h          some functions removed if nolayers, event handlers public if _xbox instead of protected

more modified files:

source\version.cpp               include xbmc version info, completely replaces fz file
  source\asyncsocketex.cpp         added lots of xbmc stuff, excluded some functionality for xbmc build
  source\server.cpp                minor cleanup stuff, cleaner initialization and deletion of some pointers
  source\serverthread.cpp          remove code that raises thread priority (need to use #if xbmc); also this_file...
  source\stdafx.h                  change stdstring.h, also change some debug defs

source\misc\markupstl.cpp        small bug fix for deleting array pointer, also #undef this_file...  
  source\settings converter\misc\markupstl.cpp        need same fix as in \misc, also debug_new and this_file (why is this file duped?)
          - lots of diffs in these 2 files, mostly due to conversion between (char *) and lpctstr
          - also some _debugx business instead of the normal _debug

in fz, not in xbmc: (removed from xbmc version)

source\gftp\*
   source\interface\misc\*
   source\interface\res\*
   source\interface\optionspage.cpp
   source\interface\optionspage.h
   source\interface\optionspasvpage.cpp
   source\interface\optionspasvpage.h
   source\misc\stdstring.h
   source\settings converter\misc\stdstring.h

in xbmc, not in fz: (added to xbmc version)

source\new folder\*
       source\new folder\asyncgsssocketlayer.cpp
       source\new folder\asyncgsssocketlayer.h
       source\new folder\asyncsocketexlayer.cpp
       source\new folder\asyncsocketexlayer.h
   source\interface\childview.cpp
   source\interface\childview.h

trivial changes (whitespace differences):

source\accounts.cpp
   source\admininterface.cpp
   source\adminlistensocket.cpp
   source\adminsocket.cpp
   source\externalipcheck.cpp
   source\filelogger.cpp
   source\mfc64bitfix.cpp
   source\misc\md5.cpp

trivial changes (negligible debug code differences):

source\asyncgsssocketlayer.cpp                          #define new debug_new
   source\asyncsocketexlayer.cpp                           #undef this_file...
   source\listensocket.cpp                                 #undef this_file...
   source\service.cpp                                      #define new debug_new
   source\speedlimit.cpp                                   #undef this_file...

source\interface\adminsocket.cpp                        #define new debug_new
   source\interface\asyncsocketex.cpp                      #define new debug_new, #undef this_file...
   source\interface\connectdialog.cpp                      #undef this_file...
   source\interface\entersomething.cpp                     #undef this_file...
   source\interface\filezilla server.cpp                   #undef this_file...
   source\interface\groupsdlg.cpp                          #undef this_file...
   source\interface\groupsdlggeneral.cpp                   #undef this_file...
   source\interface\groupsdlgspeedlimit.cpp                #define new debug_new
   source\interface\mainfrm.cpp                            #undef this_file...
   source\interface\newuserdlg.cpp                         #undef this_file...
   source\interface\offlineaskdlg.cpp                      #undef this_file...
   source\interface\options.cpp                            #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsadmininterfacepage.cpp          #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsdlg.cpp                         #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsgeneralpage.cpp                 #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsgeneralwelcomemessagepage.cpp   #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsgsspage.cpp                     #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsloggingpage.cpp                 #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsmiscpage.cpp                    #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionssecuritypage.cpp                #undef this_file...
   source\interface\optionsspeedlimitpage.cpp              #define new debug_new
   source\interface\speedlimitruledlg.cpp                  #undef this_file...
   source\interface\splitex.cpp                            #undef this_file...
   source\interface\statusctrl.cpp                         #undef this_file...
   source\interface\statusview.cpp                         #undef this_file...
   source\interface\usersdlg.cpp                           #undef this_file...
   source\interface\usersdlggeneral.cpp                    #undef this_file...
   source\interface\usersdlgspeedlimit.cpp                 #define new debug_new
   source\interface\userslistctrl.cpp                      #undef this_file...
   source\interface\usersview.cpp                          #undef this_file...
   source\interface\version.cpp                            #define new debug_new

source\misc\mailmsg.cpp                                 #define new debug_new
   source\misc\wheatyexceptionreport.cpp                   #define new debug_new

source\settings converter\options.cpp                   #define new debug_new, #undef this_file...
   source\settings converter\permissions.cpp               #define new debug_new, #undef this_file...
   source\settings converter\settings converter.cpp        #define new debug_new
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Quote:1. files that are heavily modified for xbmc - will keep the xbmc versions of these, with some potential cleanup. in particular, i would like to go through all xbmc-specific sections of code, and insert the if(_xbox) condition around all custom blocks of code that don't already have it.

i know that i didn't do this when i added the fatx-limit thingy. however, search for servers.ftpautofatx and you should find them easily..
great. just a quick point. all that #define stuff should have been taken out by now i think?

also, doesn't look as though those "in xbmc but not in fz" files are used for anything at all (at least they aren't included in the project)

cheers,
jonathan

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jm, which #define stuff are you talking about? the debug_new stuff or the this_file stuff, or something else?

regarding the debug_new stuff - this shows up sometimes in fz, but not always - and has been added in a number of files in xbmc that don't have it in fz. i'm guessing this is for debugging object allocation or something. the point is, these are things xbmc has apparently *added* in some cases to fz files that don't otherwise have it.

regarding the this_file stuff - i have no idea what this is for - but it seems that it has been selectively removed on some files in xbmc, while it is still there in fz.

so in both of these cases, assuming there is no other major change in the file that conflicts with what's in fz, i'm going to just replace whatever is in xbmc with what's currently in fz (as of 0_8_8 for now). i'm hoping this won't impact anything, but let me know if i'm missing something...

so i plan to finish this step and check everything in to cvs tonight, with a new re-baselined version that is fully consistent with 0_8_8.

then the next step will be merging 0_9_8b stuff in. theoretically, once i've finished re-baselining to 0_8_8, all files that were not branched off of the official 0_8_8 version can be directly replaced with 0_9_8b versions of those files. i'll go through everything to be sure. but i think the only actual work involved in upgrading to 0_9_8b at this point should be in that short list of 10 or so files that actually are branched off for "significant" changes in xbmc.

spiff - don't worry - i've done it myself too, and there are plenty of custom sections missing the #ifdef(_xbox) declaration. i'll make sure all this gets cleaned up.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
sorry for the red herring. reason i brought it up is they #define new debug_new etc. was recently added and then removed again throughout the xbmc source (including filezilla).

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

fyi guys, small change - looks like someone had changed execbuiltin() to return a bool, but i already had a version in local that returns an int, with various codes indicating various types of failures. i actually use this in the ftp site implementation, to display a more intelligent error message. so i'm planning to check this back in with the int return codes.

i've done a quick scan of existing code, and didn't come across anything that was actually looking at the return value, but just wanted to bring this to attention in case anyone has anything that might be dependent on that.

so the return is 0 on success, something else on failure.
Thumbs Up 
(gglaze @ july 21 2005,17:45 Wrote:3. evaluate the further updates to latest for potential individual upgrades, as desired
remember to include jmarshall's corruption bug-fix "sometimes file downloads aborted prematurely leading to incomplete files" which was released in filezilla 0.9.8c Wink
will do. the weird thing is, there doesn't seem to be a 0_9_8c label on the code - the most recent label i can find is 0_9_8b. i see that they have an official 0_9_8c release, so i guess this must just be from the latest files, but unlabeled.
about the debug_new and this_file stuff. their purpose is the get the line and file of memory allocated with "new", when using crt/mfc mem leak tracking. i have added a define to every stdafx.h we have, that does the same thing. i think they can be ignored or even removed.

greets

bobbin007

gglaze,

there seems to be a bug introduced with your last update.

site commands seem to be broken.. at least for me. can you please check on it. why are we sending a 200 back to the client for all site commands and then subsequently returning yet another status? i think this is causing issue.

#if defined(_xbox)
case command_site:
{
//get command
cstdstring sitecommand, siteargs;
if (!getcommandfromstring(args, sitecommand, siteargs))
return;

{
cstdstring str;
str.format("200 ftp site command called [command=%s, args=%s]", sitecommand.c_str(), siteargs.c_str());
send(str);
clog::log(lognotice, str);
}

should we be doing that send(str) right away? i don't think the ftp protocol allows for server side to send multiple responses for 1 request.

thanks,

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

yes, sorry - that was just debugging stuff - i was afraid i had left something like that in - was planning to test the build out today. will make the change and check it in, in the next few hours when i get home.
thanks a lot Smile

found this using linux.. ncftp or lftp. those programs tend to always send site commands for chmod or utime. and that caused some craziness so i was not able to properly ftp new builds over now using xbmc ftp.

i only debugged this from work this morning so i can't do any tests. i'll test later Smile

thanks,

ts

fyi, this should be checked in and fixed. i'm going to test myself and verify in a few minutes.
thanks.. but try site help or site xbmc.help.

that is still borked it seems.

but it now properly ignores the site commands it does not understand.

ts

maybe the site help commands should be issuing the return code for help (i think atm they just dump it out then return 200)?

not sure - i didn't check it all that much in a number of clients. it did work fine when i added it (in flashfxp at least) but it may well be returning the incorrect codes.

cheers,
jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FileZilla FTP-server upgrade to 0.9.6b progress0