Ivy bridge and 24p and other
I am thinking of building a new htpc (havent de decided yet if i go to mini itx or micro atx) but i want to know if i go
To mini itx solution and wont use a dedicated gfx card if the new ivy bridge have solved the 24p problem...

Also what feature should i look in a mb in order for my new htpc to be started - shut down using an ir or rf remote?
Ivy Bridge does not have the 24p issue only sandy Bridge. Im not sure which MB support start up with rf
Thanks for letting me know about the 24 p issue...
Starting pc with ir is possible?
(2012-07-21, 10:54)Jetster Wrote: Ivy Bridge does not have the 24p issue only sandy Bridge. Im not sure which MB support start up with rf

Do you have any sources on this? Have the i7 ivy and as far as i can tell 24p i still not fixed, perhaps improved from SB but not 100%.
Hm... Will have to go to an external gfx card.. Or amd solution?
(2012-07-21, 12:42)solamnic Wrote: Hm... Will have to go to an external gfx card.. Or amd solution?

What are you looking to do with this system when done?
Watch DVDs, BDROMs, all ripped, games, other apps....
They all (Intel, amd, and nvidia) have the "24p bug".
I want use mostly for movies mkv and bd isos.. And if i can also play diablo... Why not...

Assassin you mean that even an external gfx card will also have the 24p bug?
(2012-07-21, 11:54)solamnic Wrote: Thanks for letting me know about the 24 p issue...

Yes it is posible.. .And I will look for the 24p article I was referring to

(2012-07-21, 14:36)Jetster Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 11:54)solamnic Wrote: Thanks for letting me know about the 24 p issue...

Yes it is posible.. .And I will look for the 24p article I was referring to

Any motherboard will do? (if i want to use external usb ir receiver?)
since im thinking of buying fractal design 304 with a mini itx mb (77 chipset havent decided yet) and i5 ivy.
Was thinking of using the embedded gfx card but if the 24p problem still exists was thinking of going to maybe 7770 that would also allow me to play a game...

Wink
Also about the 24p issue... The xtreamer ultra 2 ( that uses atom with embedded gfx card) claims that there is no 24p issue..
(2012-07-21, 11:54)solamnic Wrote: Starting pc with ir is possible?

You will need a Intel CIR Motherboard - and THIS

You may need to make adjustments to the BIOS, and install the software for the CIR (should come with the MB).
(2012-07-21, 09:28)solamnic Wrote: I am thinking of building a new htpc (havent de decided yet if i go to mini itx or micro atx) but i want to know if i go
To mini itx solution and wont use a dedicated gfx card if the new ivy bridge have solved the 24p problem...
If you are looking for a GPU with perfect 24p, there is none.....you'll be very happy with iVy Bridge.....

(2012-07-21, 09:28)solamnic Wrote: Also what feature should i look in a mb in order for my new htpc to be started - shut down using an ir or rf remote?
If you go for Intel mini-ITX mobo, you'll have a very nice choice with this "Inteset INT-412" CIR kit. For $30, you'll get IR receiver and MCE backlit remote controller......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thank you for the answers .

Thinking of buying the asrock h77- itx motherboard...

It offers what i need and i trust asrock...

More questions coming..
A)Going for an i5 ( due to price ofc) .. Which i5 sandy is the coolest?

B)by saying that 24p is not perfect you mean also by using an external gfx card?

C)Also which gfx card would you recommend for a mini itx system that will be on a living room.. (big noisy cards are a nono)

As ive mentioned will go for fractal 304 case that i think will provide suffient airflow to my system with the minimum possible noise..
(2012-07-21, 18:55)solamnic Wrote: Thank you for the answers .

Thinking of buying the asrock h77- itx motherboard...

It offers what i need and i trust asrock...

More questions coming..
A)Going for an i5 ( due to price ofc) .. Which i5 sandy is the coolest?

B)by saying that 24p is not perfect you mean also by using an external gfx card?

C)Also which gfx card would you recommend for a mini itx system that will be on a living room.. (big noisy cards are a nono)

As ive mentioned will go for fractal 304 case that i think will provide suffient airflow to my system with the minimum possible noise..

A) I would go with a "non-K" version as you don't need or want the overclocking (see my hardware guides for some recs)
B) Yes. They all are not perfect. See this thread I started over a year ago with over 550 posts and all users (Intel, AMD/ATI, NVidia) reporting issues: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1333324/lets-s...ently-well
C) Start with the iGPU and only add a discrete card if you are not satisfied. Don't buy one up front. I use the iGPU (HD2000) everyday and absolutely love it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ivy bridge and 24p and other0