Posters not showing up
Hi all,

I understand that this is common issue, but I've searched quite a lot around, and I still haven't been able to fix it :-)
I am having trouble to make the tv show posters appear. I downloaded the posters with artwork downloader and enabled the "Use Poster.jpg for poster style viewtypes", but it does not show up, I just the black stock image. (see below). My folder structure is as such:

-TV Shows
--Breaking Bad
---Season 1
---Season 2
---poster.jpg

All the other media is stored locally on my HTPC (I suppose so, I let XBMC do the work when I set it up...)
I searched around the forum, and found other people who seemed to have the same issue, but without a real answer.

My database is stored locally and my files are on a NAS shared via SMB

Someone on this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133291) has suggested that the issue may be due to permissions, but I have no idea what he is talking about...

If you want to know more, please ask. Thanks,

Dekox

I have xbmc 11.0 and Aeon Nox 3.0.1

(2012-07-21, 17:53)dekox Wrote: Hi all,

I understand that this is common issue, but I've searched quite a lot around, and I still haven't been able to fix it :-)
I am having trouble to make the tv show posters appear. I downloaded the posters with artwork downloader and enabled the "Use Poster.jpg for poster style viewtypes", but it does not show up, I just the black stock image. (see below). My folder structure is as such:

-TV Shows
--Breaking Bad
---Season 1
---Season 2
---poster.jpg

All the other media is stored locally on my HTPC (I suppose so, I let XBMC do the work when I set it up...)
I searched around the forum, and found other people who seemed to have the same issue, but without a real answer.

My database is stored locally and my files are on a NAS shared via SMB

Someone on this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133291) has suggested that the issue may be due to permissions, but I have no idea what he is talking about...

If you want to know more, please ask. Thanks,

Dekox

I have xbmc 11.0 and Aeon Nox 3.0.1

on this screen go to viewtype settings and check box 'use poster'
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2012-07-22, 13:01)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 17:53)dekox Wrote: Image

on this screen go to viewtype settings and check box 'use poster'

It was already checked. Any other ideas?

Untick the "use posters.jpg for poster styles."

If your media is locally, I don't think it be a permissions issue. I ran into that, briefly, when my media is stored on my server. But if yours is all local, I don't think it be a permission issue.

(2012-07-22, 15:58)fional Wrote: Untick the "use posters.jpg for poster styles."

If your media is locally, I don't think it be a permissions issue. I ran into that, briefly, when my media is stored on my server. But if yours is all local, I don't think it be a permission issue.

If I untick "Use posters.jpg for poster styles" I get the banners all squished instead of the posters.

To be clear, my set up is:

One HTPC with all the metadata stored (I let the XBMC scrapers do all the work and do not use a media manager. I did not check "prefer posters" for the tvshow scraper).
I do not have all the fanart, posters and banners stored in their respective movie/tv show folder except for the TV show posters

My movies and tv shows are stored on a NAS on the local network. They are shared using SMB. Not all my movies have individual folders, but all my tv shows do. I used artwork downloader to download the tv show posters. They are now stored inside each TV show folder as "poster.jpg"

How do I get Aeon Nox to use those posters in the skin?

I have the same setup and the same problem.

Interested to see why Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2012-07-22, 17:47)jammyb Wrote: I have the same setup and the same problem.

try this in one of your tv show folders rename poster.jpg to folder.jpg and see if you get something with use poster box unchecked

(2012-07-22, 19:44)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 17:47)jammyb Wrote: I have the same setup and the same problem.

try this in one of your tv show folders rename poster.jpg to folder.jpg and see if you get something with use poster box unchecked

it may be that if you scraped and didnt check use posters that xbmc loaded banners locally have you also tried removing show
cleaning library and rescraping with prefer posters checked then use artwork downloader for banners
Do you have anything in your log file ?
Usually you have something about a file not found.
That could be a lead to dig a bit more (through the database files for instance)
I tried to change one of the posters to folder.jpg, but it did not change anything.

I would frankly prefer not to rescrape everything, given that I would like to be able to change skin if I fancy, and if I rescrape everything this will mean that I won't have banners for the default skin.

I looked at the file and I think of particular interest would be this sentence:

DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://192.168.xx.xx/Multimedia/TV Shows/Two and a Half Men/poster.jpg

Shouldn't that request use my password in it in order to access the file?

The overall debug log is over 500kB so I cannot paste it to pastebin, and I frankly don't know what I can delete.
(2012-07-23, 23:01)dekox Wrote: I tried to change one of the posters to folder.jpg, but it did not change anything.

I would frankly prefer not to rescrape everything, given that I would like to be able to change skin if I fancy, and if I rescrape everything this will mean that I won't have banners for the default skin.

DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://192.168.xx.xx/Multimedia/TV Shows/Two and a Half Men/poster.jpg

The overall debug log is over 500kB so I cannot paste it to pastebin, and I frankly don't know what I can delete.

had a look at the other thread nothing solved there
have you tried exporting your database? If it writes all the banners etc then if you rescrape all your artwork will be on your nas
this is only a suggestion as the only thing you seem to have done differently to me is scrape without using posters
(2012-07-23, 23:18)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 23:01)dekox Wrote: I tried to change one of the posters to folder.jpg, but it did not change anything.

had a look at the other thread nothing solved there
have you tried exporting your database? If it writes all the banners etc then if you rescrape all your artwork will be on your nas
this is only a suggestion as the only thing you seem to have done differently to me is scrape without using posters

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. I regularly export my library for back up purposes. What should I do once it is exported?

To return to what is in my debug file, I notice that when my HTPC tries to access any file on my NAS (such as a movie), the request includes my username and password. It is however not the case for the extract above. Wouldn't that cause the problem? Could it be that I should configure my NAS to accept all read requests coming from my HTPC?

i.e shouldn't the above request be:

smb://<user>:<password>@192.168.xx.xx/Multimedia/TV Shows/Two and a Half Men/poster.jpg

In order to be allowed to access the file?
Sorry, I reached my limits here I don't use a NAS, all my medias are local
But what you say seems pretty logical...
The skin is attempting to load the file itself by adding "poster.jpg" onto the path XBMC gives to the skin, which is cleaned of the authentication info so it doesn't display in the UI.

To fix this, add your source again (an additional copy of it - it's only temporary), and don't specify user or pass. XBMC will prompt you for the user/pass. Enter the details then. XBMC then stores the authentication details, so if the URL doesn't have them, it'll add them in at that point.

Once done, you can remove the copy of that source, and everything will be just fine. Note that in current master it does this regardless of whether or not you specify user/pass in the Add Source dialog.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I turned on poster.jog

Rescanned

Then went into each tv show and chose "get all artwork"

Comes up wanting to replace.

Said ok.

Sorted!!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2012-07-29, 13:45)jammyb Wrote: I turned on poster.jog

Rescanned

Then went into each tv show and chose "get all artwork"

Comes up wanting to replace.

Said ok.

Sorted!!

great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters not showing up0