missing thumbnails/media tags in Frodo
Hey guys

I have been running pre-frodo the last days and found two bugs that I have note been able to figure out:

When I enter my albums in wall mode i get all the artwork and everything looks good, Then if I open a album (lose focus) and go back to the wall all the thumbs are gone (does not matter how long I wait)

The only thing that I have seen from the logs is that when it's working i see this line:
DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
But it does not come up when the covers are empty.

It appears to be worse when i have artist fanart enabled.

I can get the covers back by chosing Music-> Albums.. Using a shortcut does not work

It is also happening with the media tags:
**EDIT Media tags flags have been fixed

Any ideas?
My music is fine but I have the media flag problem using OpenELEC nightlies - enter the library and they show, re-enter and they don't. I've noticed if I play a video and stop it it's flags appear but no others.

Debug log.
Are you sure that you don't have this music bug? You need to enter albums in wall mode, lose focus (for example by going to a specific album) and then go back.

Please let me know if I can give some better information or post this at another place. Really want this fixed Smile
All my artwork is fine it's just the media flags or more specifically ListItem.VideoCodec, ListItem.VideoResolution, ListItem.AudioCodec, and ListItem.AudioChannels labels.
***This issue has been fixed*** Big Grin

There is also one more thing with thumbnails:

When I'm using a remote i can only see some music thumbnails. If the source was based on folder.jpg then the thumb is visable, but if it was sourced from a id3 tag the thumb cannot be seen.

The urls that work are like this: http://192.168.1.67/image/image://smb%25...ement%252ffolder.jpg

The urls that result in blank artwork look like this:
http://192.168.1.67/image/image://[email protected]%2520Smith.mp3

Is this happening for anyone else?

Here's another log although I can't see anything different the second time I enter the video library.

I did edit the skin to actually display the values for ListItem.VideoCodec, ListItem.AudioCodec, and ListItem.AudioChannels and first time they're fine but after that they're empty.

Thanks.
The music thumbs are fine after a format / rescan.

Still the media flags and remote covers are buggy
Now it started to happen again, right after i scanned all the artist information. I'm not sure but I think it started happen after the artist fanarts got scanned to the library.

And yeah I'm on MySQL.

I have edited the first post.

Thanks
I've noticed this also affects the ListItem.Duration label.

First time they're correct but second time they're rounded up to the nearest 15mins.

eg 21mins becomes 30mins, 38mins becomes 45mins.

Has something changed with the way this info is stored?
Here's what happens first time you enter from startup -

And after all the mentioned info labels are empty -

Here I have the same Problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1168736
I have the same bug with music thumbnails in Frodo alpha 5 too, the biggest problem is that it is inconsistent. Usually, thumbnails will work in all areas at first boot. If I start playing music and enter the visualisation then the Album thumbnail for the current song shows, then it will be replaced by the default 'note' placeholder for all subsequent tracks. At times, returning to the home screen will cause the thumbs to return for the next track but they still won't show any more in the library lists.

After reading all the posts about major database updates in Frodo (and unsuccessfully resolving by refreshing the library and the <needsscan> GUI option again) I decided to rebuild my complete database from scratch. As I use an ATV2, thumbnails were currently on the NAS using path substitution. I removed this from AdvancedSettings.xml, deleted all the old databases (including Textures.db) generated in Eden, deleted the sources and recreated everything again. The issue remains exactly the same so it would appear to be a transient bug.

There is nothing obvious in the log to suggest that certain thumbnails can't be found or loaded: http://pastebin.com/BcRKwbCE

Let me know if there is anything else I can try to isolate the issue for you and thanks again for keeping such a great product at the cutting edge.
Media tags flags have been fixed, at least in the openelec nightlies.
Is there anything happening in this area?

I cannot believe that we are only a couple of users that are affected (frustrated) by this.
still waiting for thumbnails to work correctly too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing thumbnails/media tags in Frodo1