option to autostart playlist
In other skins, when adding a playlist to your home screen, you're given the option to automatically play the playlist. This way, when you click on your playlist in the home menu it just automatically starts playing. Now to start your playlist you have to navigate down to the first video, hit OK, then go to more, and then hit play from here. It's really just a convenience thing. Thanks for the B.A. skin!!!
(2012-07-21, 21:27)jayleekay Wrote: In other skins, when adding a playlist to your home screen, you're given the option to automatically play the playlist. This way, when you click on your playlist in the home menu it just automatically starts playing. Now to start your playlist you have to navigate down to the first video, hit OK, then go to more, and then hit play from here. It's really just a convenience thing. Thanks for the B.A. skin!!!

what´s B.A.? Big Grin
will look into that, but no guarantees that it will make it in for 3.5. thx.
ok, bn knew more about it: if you add the playlist to your favourites and add the favourite to the main menu, you´ll get asked whether to open or to start the playlist (that also means that you won´t be able to choose the video / music playlist widgets then though.) we´ll see if we can improve that. cheers.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-07-21, 21:34)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 21:27)jayleekay Wrote: In other skins, when adding a playlist to your home screen, you're given the option to automatically play the playlist. This way, when you click on your playlist in the home menu it just automatically starts playing. Now to start your playlist you have to navigate down to the first video, hit OK, then go to more, and then hit play from here. It's really just a convenience thing. Thanks for the B.A. skin!!!

what´s B.A.? Big Grin
ok, bn knew more about it: if you add the playlist to your favourites and add the favourite to the main menu, you´ll get asked whether to open or to start the playlist (that also means that you won´t be able to choose the video / music playlist widgets then though.) we´ll see if we can improve that. cheers.

B.A. = BADASS!

Neon does what I'm talking about. I had 4 playlists on my home screen, 1 for each of 4 TV shows that I have the full run for. I would select one, it would randomize, and auto play. Aeon does all of that except the auto play. I appreciate you even considering looking at Adding that functionality.
(2012-07-22, 02:24)jayleekay Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 21:34)phil65 Wrote:

what´s B.A.? Big Grin

B.A. = BADASS!

Neon does what I'm talking about. I had 4 playlists on my home screen, 1 for each of 4 TV shows that I have the full run for. I would select one, it would randomize, and auto play. Aeon does all of that except the auto play. I appreciate you even considering looking at Adding that functionality.

no, add the smart playlist to your favourites and then to a main menu item. you´ll get asked if it should play or open the playlist. that´s also the way other skins deal with that.
downside is that you will loose the possibilty to use the playlist-based widgets. perhaps we´ll be able to combine both at some point in the future.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I'll give it a shot
PERFECT THANKS!!
My problem is semi-related to this topic, I hope it is ok to post here.

I´m trying to autoplay a m3u-playlist of a web radio station upon start of xbmc.
Maybe this isn´t supposed to work or i´m doing something wrong.
A personal m3u-playlist, generated with vlc, plays just fine after xbmc is started.

Here is a Debug Log.

Code:
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [icy://sfstream1.somafm.com:8014]
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 2, path [icy://sfstream1.somafm.com:8014]

Is there maybe some other way to accomplish this?

Edit:
I just realised, the m3u-streams don´t work with vlc either, maybe there is something not xbmc related going on.
Would it be possible to choose a .pls -stream for the "Enable playlist at startup"-option?

Edit2:
Don´t bother. I got it working with the help of this wiki-link by saving a .m3u file with the direct link to the stream.
I should really invest more time before asking Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
option to autostart playlist0