Question on how to add changes to XBMC
I am curious as to what the proper procedure to commit changes to XBMC are. I have followed the online wiki on pulling from git master with TortoiseGit and made the changed on my local machine so do I just commit them or is there some other procedure?

The changes in question:

1. Add a variable in advanced settings to allow users to increase read rate of dvdplayer as multiple of average bitrate for faster buffer filling (i.e. if user uses 3 as the multiple the buffer will be filled at 3X average bitrate until the buffer is filled and then will refill the buffer as it is being used at up to 3X average bitrate)

2. Bug Fix: I found that if the buffer reaches 0 the FPS will drop to like 3 or 4 and stay that way even if data is added to the buffer until the video is stopped and restarted. This was caused by Audio engine being stuck in in a drain state.

The changes are like 5 or 6 lines of code total...I could provide diffs if somebody else wants to commit the changes....or if you could let me know of the proper procedure I will commit them.
Send a pull request. Did you really believe you have write access to our git?
Create your own fork of XBMC on GitHub. Push your changes to your repo, then create a pull request to xbmc mainline.
spiff was faster Smile
oh, and if that doesn't ring a bell for you, do the github bootcamp, it will all click after that.
show me that ae fix - i was already about to track it down (had a similar drain issue on coreaudio osx/ios). I would like to test if your fix fixes my drain stucking on linux Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAEStream.cpp | 1 +
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAEStream.cpp b/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAEStream.cpp
index 33f282a..28c2748 100644
--- a/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAEStream.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAEStream.cpp
@@ -576,6 +576,7 @@ void CSoftAEStream::InternalFlush()
/* reset our counts */
m_framesBuffered = 0;
m_refillBuffer = m_waterLevel;
+ m_draining = false;
}

double CSoftAEStream::GetResampleRatio()
It was the longest single line of code I've written Rofl
Beat this. 9 hours. BOOM!

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/5933...786c7daacf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question on how to add changes to XBMC0