way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview?
is there a way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview? sometimes i've been spoiled by the pitcher showing in the preview. I love to see the picture shown AFTER its watched but before it's watched, perhaps is there a way to show like the shows logo instead?

Or is this a skin related issue?
(2012-07-22, 15:45)gman3042 Wrote: is there a way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview? sometimes i've been spoiled by the pitcher showing in the preview. I love to see the picture shown AFTER its watched but before it's watched, perhaps is there a way to show like the shows logo instead?

settings - video - library - show plot for unwatched items

(2012-07-22, 16:06)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 15:45)gman3042 Wrote: is there a way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview? sometimes i've been spoiled by the pitcher showing in the preview. I love to see the picture shown AFTER its watched but before it's watched, perhaps is there a way to show like the shows logo instead?

settings - video - library - show plot for unwatched items

this will still show the picture though but will at least hide the episode description
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
yeah, i'm hoping to have a way to hide the picture as well.. i know about the plot hiding with that option. any ideas?
(2012-07-22, 16:52)gman3042 Wrote: yeah, i'm hoping to have a way to hide the picture as well.. i know about the plot hiding with that option. any ideas?

not in any skin I know of unfortunatley there may be a workaround by tying not showing plot to thumb
but not being a coder I wouldnt know where to start
You could ask in the relevant skin section for help to mod the skin you use
sorry I wasnt more help
This has really been bothering me lately. People aren't supposed to put spoiler pictures up on tvdb but the season finale of both season 1 and 2 of Dexter were spoiled by the preview pictures. Also they had a spoiler up for the most recent episode of Breaking Bad. I really wish there was a way to disable them period. I don't need more than the episode title and description to know what I'm selecting.
(2012-08-06, 09:17)StinDaWg Wrote: This has really been bothering me lately. People aren't supposed to put spoiler pictures up on tvdb but the season finale of both season 1 and 2 of Dexter were spoiled by the preview pictures. Also they had a spoiler up for the most recent episode of Breaking Bad. I really wish there was a way to disable them period. I don't need more than the episode title and description to know what I'm selecting.

The only way forward is with each episode xbmc scrapes the thumb so if you place your own named EXACTLY as the episode eg Dexter s2e11.tbn
this is just a jpg renamed to tbn by the way
I personally use ember media manager to overwrite all thumbs as I can choose a better one
I hope this is of some use (if only a little)
Ok had a look at the skin I use (aeon nox) and there are a couple of views that dont show the thumb at all whether watched or unwatched
could that be an easier solution?
Thanks, I tried aeon nox but it was too slow/laggy on my older system. I did like the design though. It's not that it was a terrible experience but moving in and out of menus had a slight delay where the default skin is instant. I'm only getting 41 fps in the menus when I should be getting 60. Are there any settings you can change to make it less resource intensive? Tried all the other ones as well and didn't really like them. I hope the devs will add this feature to the default skin eventually. To me it's even more important to be able to hide the picture than it is the plot. To spoil anything I would have to read a few lines of the plot, while it's really hard not to glance at a picture when it is right there staring you in the face.
you could try to disable some of the viewtypes available this can improve it - you could ask in the aeon nox forum how to further improve performance
I'm using Aeon MQ3 now. It's faster than Aeon Nox but still not as snappy as Confluence. It has an option to change the picture to show art instead of spoiler picture. I wish they would incorporate this feature into Frodo default skin, as I'd rather go back to that for the speed increase.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
way to make unwatched tv shows not show an episode preview?0