Stream from TiVo?
I believe I've done my research and I have come up with a way to watch TiVo remotely without hacking the TiVo AND this works on Series 3 and Premier models.

First you can access your tivo's now playing using a browser https://[your tivo ip] the ID is 'tivo' and the password is your media access key.

From there you can download individual programs in MPEG-PS format. You can then use tivodecode to unencrypt those videos which puts them in to MPEG2. This even works in HD!

Now here is the interesting piece: There is a way to access the now playing guide in XML format.

I think there are enough tools for a developer to piece together an Add-on that can parse the XML to show what's recorded. Then (hopefully) with the use of tivodecode, either livestream the video or queue it up for download.

Also note that the whole thing works over HTTP/HTTPS, you do NOT need to be in the same subnet to view videos!
Feedback is welcome!
This looks like it could be very cool
Ok tried putting in my ip and I get
congratulations You've successfully connected your TiVo® box to your broadband-Internet-connected home network, enabling a number of exciting new features:
Anyone know if this would work on the UK (Virgin Media) Tivo boxes?

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream from TiVo?0