Win How to make a MS Word Doc to Jpeg file then display on HDTV
How to make a converted MS Word Doc to Jpeg file then display on HDTV with XBMC "pictures" so My grandmother can read it on TV with super large font.

I setup my MS Word Doc size to be "legal size paper 11 X 8½ inches" and landscape (which HDTV better)
then I use "Word Doc to Jpeg app" transfer to Jpeg File.

But When it display on HDTV , still the Jpeg file can't utilized the Full screen ?
What Size of paper setup in MS word will best fit the HDTV screen 16:9 screen ?

Thanks
why not make a jpg image in gimp instead of using word. then just add jpg to folder that u have set up in xbmc.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-07-23, 18:28)rflores2323 Wrote: why not make a jpg image in gimp instead of using word. then just add jpg to folder that u have set up in xbmc.

or you could make it a pdf and convert to a cbr file. I use this for reading magazines
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
My problem is mainly grandmother wan to see text like news that utilized the 16:9 HDTV Full screen, since no full function RSS reader addon for XBMC (RSS ticker which show only Rss Title don't count), I have to use this stupid method. (If anyone can show me how to display html / word *.doc of Pdf file on XBMC with simple remote up,dn, left,right, zoom control , I would be happy to know !!!! A Blog Reader would work too !!
It is for grandmom, so it has to be easy !!! Thanks

using VRC-1100 remote now
http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/e/e2/Remote-VRC1100.jpg

Have you tried zamzar.com? Its free online conversion for a shit load of files. I used it myself and it works pretty good.
If I could find a xbmc addon which can read blog or html file or word file , I don't have to do all this !!
(2012-07-24, 20:35)sfbay99 Wrote: If I could find a xbmc addon which can read blog or html file or word file , I don't have to do all this !!

unfortunatley you may have to try the above suggestions as the simple answer is no, no known blog reader for xbmc
If you didnt want suggestions as to how to work around this why post here a quick forum search may have given you an answer!
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
How about just using using Executor or Advanced Launcher to launch a web browser?
  • The web browser can be directed to open to a specific blog or RSS site.
  • Or create a local html file with hyperlinks to her favorite news sites on the Internet and/or to other local text files in html format. This page of links can be set as the browser's homepage.
  • Change the browser font to a larger size to make it easier for her to read.
  • Since you're using Windows, check out the Kylo web browser, which is optimized for the HTPC environment with big fonts/buttons, simplified navigation, on-screen keyboard, etc.
Add the web browser launcher to Favourites and then, depending on your skin, create a homepage shortcut to this Favourite. Grandma can now click on a button on the homepage and read her news with ease. No need to convert files manually or try to coax someone to write an add-on for your specific requirements.
Advanced Launcher is not a problem , the real problem will be navigation once the web browser !
So far Grandma only comfortable/understand concept or (UP, Down, Left, Right , OK, Back)
but if "Kylo web browser" like you said that easy to use , it might work, I need to try that ! thanks
I think Kylo web browser will be a good fit for your requirements. If there were a Linux version, I'd use it myself on my HTPC.
Thanks artrafael , but after watching some Kylo web browser demo video on youtube, seem the Kylo web browser use mouse pointer type navigation, and So far Grandma only comfortable/understand concept or (UP, Down, Left, Right , OK, Back) on my VRC-1100 remote now
http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/e/e2/Remote-VRC1100.jpg
The XBMC simple "click" next , "Enter", "Back" concept still the best for Grandma , I wonder if this will work ?

It's a free download, so you can try it out yourself with your hardware (i.e., remote control) to see if it is acceptable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make a MS Word Doc to Jpeg file then display on HDTV 0