Best m10 ITX CPU?
(2012-07-25, 00:06)ShakenNotStured Wrote: awesome. I am going with 2 of the SilenX IXP-34-08 60mm, and if I don't need em, I don't need em.

I am on newegg shopping for parts now...

Which ram should I get? Lowest latency is the best right? I read in a forum someone said the Crucial Ballistix is good for htpc.... normally I just buy the cheapest ram I can find, does it matter what I go with?

For HTPC uses all you are looking for is DDR3 1600 with low voltage. I recommend the Samsung 30nm, but any name brand would be fine (Crucial, Kingston, G.Skill, etc). The size of the heat spreader is a concern though in small form factor HTPC's.
HTPC: i5 3570K || Noctua NH-L12 || ASRock Z77E-ITX || 8GB Samsung Eco || Intel 330 120GB || Lian Li PC-Q09 ||
Main Desktop: i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz || Epic 180 on Epic T1000 TIM || Asus Z68 Deluxe || 16GB Ripjaws @ 2133 ||
|| Maingear Shift || EVGA 8800GTS 640MB || OWC Mecury Electra 3G || 320GB, 2x500GB, 1.5Tb, 2x2TB ||
(2012-07-24, 20:36)ShakenNotStured Wrote: Thanks Dougie Fresh!

I actually really like the case you have and almost bought it myself. But then I saw that it doesn't come with any LCD or power supply and figured by the time I bought those 2 pieces it would be close to the same price as the m10.

Did you retro fit a LCD onto your HT100, if so which one? And are you just using the stock heat sink for the A6 3500 or did you find another small form factor cooler that works?

The HT100 comes with a power supply. It's 120W, plenty for the A6-3500. There's an upgrade available to 150W as well.

I ordered one of these: http://www.lcdmodkit.com/lcd/U162MB-A1.html (183 HK dollars = $23.59) and it fit in the HT100.

That makes it under $200 shipped. The m10 with power supply and LCD is $329 + shipping here: http://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/H...0-rb-B.htm

(2012-07-25, 15:19)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 20:36)ShakenNotStured Wrote: Thanks Dougie Fresh!

I actually really like the case you have and almost bought it myself. But then I saw that it doesn't come with any LCD or power supply and figured by the time I bought those 2 pieces it would be close to the same price as the m10.

Did you retro fit a LCD onto your HT100, if so which one? And are you just using the stock heat sink for the A6 3500 or did you find another small form factor cooler that works?

The HT100 comes with a power supply. It's 120W, plenty for the A6-3500. There's an upgrade available to 150W as well.

I ordered one of these: http://www.lcdmodkit.com/lcd/U162MB-A1.html (183 HK dollars = $23.59) and it fit in the HT100.

That makes it under $200 shipped. The m10 with power supply and LCD is $329 + shipping here: http://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/H...0-rb-B.htm
Regardless of the price, I still prefer the M10 over HT100. The M10 looks to be higher quality, classic and sexy.......Cool
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-07-25, 21:37)bluray Wrote: Regardless of the price, I still prefer the M10 over HT100. The M10 looks to be higher quality, classic and sexy.......Cool

Regardless of your preference, there is no quality difference between the HT100 and the m10. There are in fact very few differences and some striking similarities that are not coincidental. The differences are:

The facia (location of power button, USB/audio, etc.)
The power supply
The ODD/HDD mounting tray
The available LCD/VFD (the m10 VFD comes from Soundgraph and there will soon be a Soungraph version available for the HT100)

The case itself is precisely the same in dimension and in the interior features. The HT100 even retains the mount points for the power supply used in the m10. Likely, both cases are simply OEM versions of the same basic case from the same manufacturer in China.

The HT100 remains a good alternative to the m10 if someone doesn't want to spend the extra money on the m10. Beauty is in the eye of the credit-card holder Smile.
I'm not saying HT100 is bad, but M10 appear to be a better product and the price reflects it......I'm jealous of Assassin, because he have the most expensive Origenae case- New Custom Build
Here are photos:

M10-

HT100-
So I don't take great photos Smile. The chassis itself is identical down to the screws, mounting holes, material everything. The differences are only what I've stated.

It's fine to have a preference, everyone does. However, your preference for the difference style of the m10 doesn't mean that there's any actual difference in quality. Your assumption that the HT100 is priced lower because it's lower quality is false.
Dougie...I know that you are trying to promote your case, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with HT100 either. I thought that you tried to convince me on this in another thread too, but I'm still stick to M10 being better quality than HT100.....OP bought M10 as he mentioned in this "My first HTPC - 007 would be proud of this gadget" thread. I believe that he bought a great case........

In car term- HT100=Maxima and M10=G37......Nod
The thing I like about the HT100 is the front facing usb ports... I don't think I like the light ring around the power button tho... Both are awesome cases. I really like that the HT100 is cheaper, but the m10 looks really bad ass and I don't have to play with putting my own screen in and get it to display different things.

IMHO both are sweet and I'd be happy with either, but I went with the m10.

(2012-07-26, 04:05)bluray Wrote: Dougie...I know that you are trying to promote your case, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with HT100 either. I thought that you tried to convince me on this in another thread too, but I'm still stick to M10 being better quality than HT100.....OP bought M10 as he mentioned in this "My first HTPC - 007 would be proud of this gadget" thread. I believe that he bought a great case........

In car term- HT100=Maxima and M10=G37......Nod

Yeah, you've clearly missed the point. I am not trying to promote my case. I am not even arguing with your preference of one over the other, because I don't care. I also don't have any issue with the OP getting the m10. Again, that's just a preference. I think the m10 is a great case too and the OP will be very happy. I don't even think that you think the HT100 is "bad".

What I care about is your assertion that there's some difference other than what I've outlined in previous posts. You want to take a preference on your part, for some photos, some look or price tag and turn it into something it's not. If you like one better than the other, that's one thing. It's fine. But to assert you then know something about the quality of construction of either case, because you saw some photos or one is priced more than the other is absurd. You've in fact, never actually seen either one in person. You know nothing about the origins of either case. Yet somehow you just know "M10 being better quality than HT100".

How is that?

Anyway, why all the fuss? Because this is a public forum. People will find these posts and read your assertion and think it's fact when it's not -- it's just some prejudice.
(2012-07-26, 05:32)Dougie Fresh Wrote: You've in fact, never actually seen either one in person. You know nothing about the origins of either case. Yet somehow you just know "M10 being better quality than HT100".

How is that?
You are right that I never seen M10 in person, and you haven't seen M10 in person either....how do you know that it is not better?

Oh, I never drive Maxima and G37 either, but I know that G37 is packed with more/better luxury options than Maxima.....

Good luck to OP with the new M10........

This is my last message on this.......

Hey guys....I enjoy reading the case, CPU, motherboard, etc comparison in this thread and other threads within this forum. I have to call it a draw between Bluray and Dougie. Since Bluray brought up that M10 is better than HT100, I give him a slight edge over Dougie. I doubt that Dougie can prove that it is not better. It can have better paint/anodized case cover, better ventilation, better PSU, better screw holes, better general fits/finishes, etc......

You might have to verify everything under the microscope, thread the screws in the screw holes, and verify heat/noise/PSU/etc using the same motherboard/CPU/SSD on both cases. Otherwise, it is very hard to prove that it is not better.......

However you dissect it, it is a draw.........
For sure, OP will enjoy his new M10 case……
They're just different versions of the same thing -- in the car analogy different trim lines of the same model car, say an GMC Yukon vs. Cadillac Escalade -- and whether one is "better" than the other depends on the buyer and what they want. Underneath though, it's still the same car.

And, yes, the OP will be very happy with the m10 because that's what they wanted and it's a very fine case, inside and out.

Good grief.
(2012-07-27, 01:31)assassin Wrote: Good grief.

Seriously.
This is my last post on this. I hope this makes it clear once and for all...

Do you get now it's the SAME manufacturer for all of them, customized to the OEM's specification? This isn't a "guess". I know this because I talked to the manufacturer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best m10 ITX CPU?0