Win Poster.jpg not showing in TV Shows
Hello, I am new member to these forums and the XBMC community Smile.

I have XBMC v11 eden installed on Windows 7 64bit, currently using the Neon Skin and have also tried Aeon Nox, Night - Eden skins which I still have this problem.

All other artwork is showing up fine under TV shows such as the Banner, Artwork, logos etc but when I use the Posters view or coverflow style views the Banner.jpg is displayed instead of the poster for all shows in my library.

I took a screenshot...

http://s11.postimage.org/t8msapy4x/screenshot000.jpg

I have re-installed XBMC but hasn't fixed the problem, Have re-scanned TVDB to download all artwork but hasn't changed. I checked the directory and Poster.jpg/banner.jpg etc are present in the TV shows folder. I and found an option to use poster.jpg in the Settings menu but that didn't help ethier Sad.

Anyone on this forum could help me find a solution to this problem I would most appreicate it, Thank you Smile
Anyone willing to help? Undecided
1 hour and 1 minute. I believe this might be a new impatience record.

XBMC does not read poster.jpg or banner.jpg. Your skin might, but that's nothing XBMC knows anything about.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

There are typically two settings you'll want to set for this. One might be in

Settings -> Skin

(it's there for the default skin, but I don't know about others)

The other is in the scraper that downloads the image:

Add-on:The_TVDB#Scraper_settings (wiki)

You'll want both set on poster or banner for whichever you want. You might have to refresh existing entries, either each one can be refreshed at a time, or remove the source and re-add it to have everything rescraped.
Thanx for the reply Smile

Ok I have reverted back to the default skin, under System Stetting > Skin I have enabled "Use posters instead of Banners for TV Shows" and under the settings for "The TVDB" I have "Prefer Posters" Enabled.

Still not showing Posters Confused

Ahh after some messing around I found that right clicking on a TV source you have the option of choosing thumb nail Blush. It solves my problem but I have to change the thumbnail manually, a minor inconvenience.

Thx for the reply, Loving XBMC software alot wish I had discovered it sooner Tongue Hopefully I will set up a HTPC soon for my HDTV Big Grin

Keep u p the great work XBMC Team Nod

Again, local files named poster.jpg and banner.jpg are not read at all by XBMC. folder.jpg is read by XBMC, so use that instead.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah, didn't read the first time that there were pre- existing images (don't know how I missed that).
(2012-07-24, 02:59)jmarshall Wrote: Again, local files named poster.jpg and banner.jpg are not read at all by XBMC. folder.jpg is read by XBMC, so use that instead.

Yeah I realise this now Confused

I have to search theTVDB website for Posters and save them in the tv shows directory renaming it to "folder", got it to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster.jpg not showing in TV Shows0