Win Tv shows- odd experience
Ok. I Have been adding movies with no problems. I have now tried adding tv shows (from series 24).
I created under add Source a TV folder for tv shows.
My naming was :
24/Season X/SxxExx
When I launched XBMC I saw the scrapper finding the 72 episodes.
When I look at the top menu in Aeon 3.0 it shows 72 episodes. However when I click under TV Shows, nothing is showing-up. It only shpws the "24" Tv show but with no episodes. I tried several time removing the source and recreating TV Shows but with the same result every time.
Any help appreciated.[/align]
I should add that under file mode, the TV episodes don't show-up (same as in library mode). These are avi files that play normally under Windows media player.
So the files are being scrapped, XBMC knows I have 72 episodes (it says so in the main Menu near to TV shows) but they are showing-up nowhere. I'm using the naming conventions in line with the wiki. I also tried renaming with the renamer but with no more success. The TV folder is not a protected one.
And I dindn't click on don't show watched.
Thanks for any input.
Make sure you have a top-level folder called TV Shows, above the season folder ie:

TV Shows/24/Season x/SxxExx

Then also ensure that you set the source on the TV Show folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows
Thanks. Yes, that is the case for both top folder and TV Show Folder.
Time then to produce a debug log of a scrape - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
Here you go. I tried understanding but am pretty clueless. thanks for any help.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5547
Fredd I'm no expert, but that debug looks like the show has indeed been scraped properly. Did you however use any 3rd party scrapers, prior to this or have any nfo files with the episodes?
It looks like the scraper was able to identify the show and episodes. However, this statement may be significant:
(2012-07-24, 10:47)Freddd Wrote: I should add that under file mode, the TV episodes don't show-up (same as in library mode).
Where is the "e:\" drive where these files are located? Are they on a local drive or on another computer/server?

it is on a local USB attached drive. The same I use for my movies and works perfectly in the case of movies.
I tried adding Band of bothers and had the same result, scrapping works but the files in file or library mode are invisible. I can see them using the web server. Weird.
and I just tried using my C drive. Same result. Is a full re-installation the only option? I'm concerned that I would lose all the changes made (set-up of the skin, changes on the remote via MCE remote, rtc...).
Did you specify the "tv shows" folder as a media source for XBMC?

What items are listed when you look in Videos > Files ?
Don't see anything that is stopping the scrape from showing. Why not try reverting to the default confluence skin first before considering a reinstall. Do you see a Movies and TV Shows sections on the home screen - see my screenshot.

Sometimes the more 'complex' skins introduce issues that aren't prevalent on the simpler default skin

You haven't activated the 'hide watched' check box by mistake?, just a hunch!
This is a response to Atrafel

Yes I did.
It shows :
Movies
TV
Now if for TV I change the content from TV Shows to None or Music Videos, the files appear. I switch back to TV Show and they are gone.

Stellman1991, tvshows per in your picture. In Aeon it even tells me the number of files I have. I just cannot access them. Hide watched is not clicked.
Thnks again
Did you try reverting to the default skin and check that 'hide watched' hadn't been checked.

Its certainly a strange one and it may well be easier carrying out a full reinstall, than continued troubleshooting - obvious to suggest that something is obviously corrupt somewhere.

EDIT - crossed posts - might be better to try a reinstall - copy your userdata folder (c:\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata (rename it anything you want, otherwise the fresh installation will just overwrite it), before reinstalling, that will backup the majority of your settings, though it may well contain the corrupt data, rendering it useless. Try a totally fresh install and see what happens
(2012-07-24, 23:10)Freddd Wrote: It shows :
Movies
TV
Now if for TV I change the content from TV Shows to None or Music Videos, the files appear. I switch back to TV Show and they are gone.
If you're using Files view, it shouldn't matter which library content type you're using (TV Shows, None, Music Videos). Indeed, there are users who simply use the Files view and never add anything to the library. This is indeed strange and I echo steelman1991's suggestion above to switch to the default Confluence skin and see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv shows- odd experience0