Transferring data between platforms
Count this one in the "tad lazy to set up multiple units", but I am ok with that.

I have been using XBMC on my first gen ATV for about 2ish years now. I have a WHOLE lot of plug ins installed and all the settings just how I like them. I am now working on XBMC on both Android (working great on my Touchpad) and iOS (wifey just needs it on here iPad) as well as a Raspberry Pi (as soon as it gets here). Can I just transfer the data file between all of them so I don't have to go through and find all the plug ins and change settings for everything, or will that mess things up?

I assume the answer is yes, just drag and drop into place and be all set, but figured I would ask here before I start messing with things..

Thanks
In theory, yes, but these different devices might be using different versions of XBMC. For example, iOS and first gen ATV can run stable v11 (Eden) of XBMC, but Android and Raspberry Pi are using development versions (Pre-v12/Frodo).

You also have a few that are touch screens and a few that are set top boxes, so you won't want all settings (like GUI settings) to be copied between them.

You can just throw in the userdata (wiki) folder (or the parent XBMC folder, which will include add-ons so you don't have to re-download them) and see what works or not. If anything gets messed up, you can just delete the userdata folder on that device and all the settings will be reset. Check out the link on userdata (wiki) for a basic description of what these files and folders contain, and you might be able to isolate anything that shouldn't be copied over (off the top of my head, I know you will want to avoid including guisettings.xml).
That is pretty much what I thought, but figured it was worth my while asking, in case I somehow (not sure how) messed something up..

Thanks for the response..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transferring data between platforms0