Problem viewing 1080p HD using XBMC
I cannot watch my 15.3GB 1080p mkv video file thru XBMC but I get no problem watching the movie in Splash PRO HD Player. Could it be the codec being used by XBMC? I do not find anywhere in XBMC where one can change the codec or tweak with it.
Any ideas? Thanks. BlushLaugh
(2012-07-24, 06:30)pabs2745 Wrote: I cannot watch my 15.3GB 1080p mkv video file thru XBMC but I get no problem watching the movie in Splash PRO HD Player. Could it be the codec being used by XBMC? I do not find anywhere in XBMC where one can change the codec or tweak with it.
Any ideas? Thanks. BlushLaugh
It's not codec....it's the settings. What are your hardware?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
My hardware is Intel Core2 Quad with 4GB DDR3 memory and 2TB storage, rendering video thru Radeon HD6570 graphics card with 2GB DDR3 on board on Samsung 46" full 1080p HD primary display . My OS is 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks. Interestingly, all my other 1080p mkv video files play flawlessly in XBMC, but this one large mkv video file (15.3GB) cannot be rendered by XBMC... the video output display consists of green color with moving blips on the left-half of the screen. And surprisingly, Splash PRO HD Player flawlessly plays the same video.
(2012-07-24, 06:49)pabs2745 Wrote: My hardware is Intel Core2 Quad with 4GB DDR3 memory and 2TB storage, rendering video thru Radeon HD6570 graphics card with 2GB DDR3 on board on Samsung 46" full 1080p HD primary display . My OS is 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks.
Try these-

1. Update AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
2. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as render method, but disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback

The render method in my video/playback setting is DXVA and allow hardware acceleration is on (DXVA2). The AMD driver detect says I have the latest driver installed. Nothing has changed. The video output is still green with moving dots on the left half of the screen. The audio and subtitle are okay though. Sad
(2012-07-24, 08:03)pabs2745 Wrote: The render method in my video/playback setting is DXVA and allow hardware acceleration is on (DXVA2). The AMD driver detect says I have the latest driver installed. Nothing has changed. The video output is still green with moving dots on the left half of the screen. The audio and subtitle are okay though. Sad
It's artifact.....in that case, try disable DXVA2......

Thanks, bluray. I'll try those external player codes for XBMC that you posted in your footer. They might help. Smile
Have you considered that the file may just be a bad encode - the fact that it works in another player doesn't negate the possibility?

Some players are more robust than others - seems an awful lot of trouble to go to get 1 file to playback when all others play perfectly OK. Dig out the source and try a re-encode.
(2012-07-25, 08:43)steelman1991 Wrote: seems an awful lot of trouble to go to get 1 file to playback when all others play perfectly OK

You're right, of course. I'm just puzzled because the problematic mkv video file played back flawlessly in XBMC through my HP Pavilion DV9535nr with NVIDIA GeForce 8600M graphics card. It has HDMI out and came with an MCE remote. I coupled it to my Samsung 46" flat screen HDTV and served very well as HTPC. Unfortunately, the graphics card got fried.

I suspect the Radeon HD6570 must have some bug, an incompatibility with 64-bit OS. I'm using the latest AMD graphics driver and I already installed ffdshow and DirectX 11.

Anyway I have configured my XBMC to use the external MPC-HC x64 when playing mkv files... I'm quite happy with it now... Smile My only problem is, MPC-HC x64 does not respond to my HP MCE remote. Is there a way to make it work with my MCE remote? Thanks! Smile
First things first, there is no right or wrong, only what suits you best, just seemed that way to me.

Can't help with the remote situation sorry - my mce remote just worked with mpc-hc (though I run the x86 version) - no special set-up. One tip though if you do get it to work is to go to options in mpc-hc and map the exit command to MEDIA_STOP (don't worry that it is also attributed to the stop command - they can happily co-exist) this will close mpc-hc and return focus to xbmc.

Haven't seen an awful lot to indicate that ATI drivers are causing problems - well not of that sort. Good luck with the remote situation.
Thank you STEELMAN for your kind reply. .. I will try to do what you advise about my MCE remote. Smile
(2012-07-25, 15:33)pabs2745 Wrote: Anyway I have configured my XBMC to use the external MPC-HC x64 when playing mkv files... I'm quite happy with it now... Smile My only problem is, MPC-HC x64 does not respond to my HP MCE remote. Is there a way to make it work with my MCE remote? Thanks! Smile
You have to contfigure MPC-HC keys as shown in my post #24.....I can control MPC-HC using HP remote with these keys.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem viewing 1080p HD using XBMC1