Auto download subtitles for all movies and shows
Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any script which checks all movies and tv shows in the database and automatically downloads subtitles where it's not available all in one go. It is somewhat similar to the tv show logo downloader. I tried searching for this, but found nothing.

Can someone help me with this?
I would like to know as well...

I read somewhere that this is not available at this time.

I am sure you could develop something if you are a bit savy :-)
The problem I see with solutions like you described is that in order to be effective, the utility would need the ability to look inside containers (.mkv, .mp4, etc.) in order to see subs merged with the video and audio streams. Just scanning for .srt files would produce way too many false positives, especially in my library.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
There is no such utility to my knowledge.

I have to agree with @thrak76 and I doubt how useful it will be. Any time I use Subtitles downloader I spend some time selecting the best fit for each movie/episode. This includes checking several Services and some times downloading several files to find the best match and it rearly ends up being the first choice.

Personally I don't find searching for subtitles each time I watch a new file such a burden...
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

I think that this would be a great service. I assume that xbmc already has the ability to look into files containers to get media information. Maybe they could just add subtitles to the list?

Ninety percent of the time, I download the first subtitle that is shown in the XBMC subtitle add on and it works. Only 10% I have to manually choose another subtitle from the addon. If this 90% is automated, then we need to choose subs only when they don't match or sync with the movie or tv show.
(2012-09-09, 05:19)contentedbloke Wrote: I think that this would be a great service. I assume that xbmc already has the ability to look into files containers to get media information. Maybe they could just add subtitles to the list?

Ninety percent of the time, I download the first subtitle that is shown in the XBMC subtitle add on and it works. Only 10% I have to manually choose another subtitle from the addon. If this 90% is automated, then we need to choose subs only when they don't match or sync with the movie or tv show.

what service did you use to get that high correct rate?

i used to love subscene. but subscene doesnt work anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto download subtitles for all movies and shows0