Option to disable ".." menu item
I use logos for displaying my tv shows and they look really good, the only problem is that the ".." menu item doesn't use a built-in logo and instead displays "Logo Missing" instead. One way to solve this I suppose is to have a logo made for it much like the one used when in the season level of a tv show.

I then got thinking how often I actually use the ".." item, and it was never when at the root level for tv shows or movies. When I let guests use xbmc and they want a sub-menu of some kind, genre, director, etc, they press the down or up arrows when over the movie or tv shows menu, I have yet to have a guest come over and think to get to a sub-menu they would need to enter movie or tv shows, then click the ".." option to see the sub-menus. So I was thinking it could be a nice addition to be able to disable this item completely. For people that use remotes, it's usually mapped as a button, in software remotes for android and iOS the addition wouldn't change a thing, and for users who use a keyboard to navigate, they have the backspace key that does the exact same job.
Settings -> Appearance -> File Lists -> Show parent folder items
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
How have I been so blind, thank you for such a quick and concise response Montellese.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to disable ".." menu item0