• 72(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
(2014-07-17, 11:54)CrashOver1D Wrote: Hi, new around, first post :-)

I'm curently moving from a Netgear NeoTV to a real HTPC for my multimedia needs on main TV
Done a fresh install of Windows 8.1 on an Intel NUC D54250WYK, all drivers install and all updates ok
Install XBMC, set some params (MySQL database on a Synology NAS and some language params), all running perfect like on my main PC used to create all the databases before I received the NUC

Now I'm start for the real "HTPC" part and install XBMCLauncher, but I have a problem with the "Open Metro UI on XBMC exit" option.
I've tried both scenarios with Shell explorer / XBMC :

1) Shell Explorer
Work as wanted, if I closed XBMC, desktop pop and shortly Metro UI appears, good but with explorer as Shell, I can see desktop at startup, I try to avoid this ^^
--> So, try the second option

2) Shell XBMC
I've got a first problem, XBMC somtimes start without my profile, as a fresh new XBMC (without databases)
It seems I solved this issue by adding the timer before XBMC start (at 10s)
But now I can't manage to go back to Metro UI when I close XBMC, I'm always back to desktop ... even if I unckeck the option for starting explorer at XMBC close !?!

I don't really understand why it's happening, and even how it's possible ?
Any ideas ?

Set xbmclauncher as shell and enable the option 'Start Windows8 Metro UI when XBMC is closed'. This should start metro start screen.
(2014-07-17, 14:36)baijuxavior Wrote: Set xbmclauncher as shell and enable the option 'Start Windows8 Metro UI when XBMC is closed'. This should start metro start screen.

It's what I've done first, don't work neither with previous option (Start Explorer when WBMC is closed) nor without.

But it works without any problem if I switch back to normal shell, except that's not what I want to do ...
  • Edit : New batch of tests results

If I unckeck "Start Windows Explorer when XBMC is closed" & "Start Metro Start UI when XBMC is closed" I now have the correct things happening : Black screen (with CTRL - ALT - DEL run explorer.exe letting me retake control of the computer)

From this config, I check only "Start Metro Start UI when XBMC is closed" but then its explorer who pop up and not Start UI ... (with mouse cursor for something compurting for couple of seconds, like if it's trying to openning Metro UI, but don't manage do to it Confused

• Edit 2 : My bad !!!

After trying again to set this function, but this time with specified admin rights on execution of the GUI, it's now working !

Thanks ! :-)

• Last (I hope) Edit 3 : Real issue

In fact, nothing to do with admin rights on exec of the GUI ... it work one time for mysterious reason, but return to the issue just after ... but i found why ...

In Windows 8.1 on a desktop computer, default setting on startup is now to go directly to the Desktop, and exiting XBMC Shell to lauch explorer Shell is read as a fresh start and this setting take priority on XBMCLauncher setting !

I set back windows to start on Modern UI et voila, no more issue !
    Done a lot of reboot (setting of Harmony remote control in progress Rofl) during this evening and it's work 100% of time ^^
HTPC : Intel NUC D54250WYK - 8 Go RAM - SSD 120 Go - Windows 8.1 x64 - XBMC 13.1 Gotham - MySQL DB on NAS
Remote : Logitech Harmony One - Logitech K400
Storage : Synology DS1513+ [4x3To in SHR] - Partial Local Backup on Synology DS113J [2To] - Partial Online Backup on CrashPlan
Gaming : PS4 - PS3 [Slim 320Go] - PS Vita - Wii
Hey,

I try to use Amazon instant Video in Chrome Kiosk mode. To use the remote i want, that up, down,... Used as Mouseactivities. But only in Chrome!

This Code works in an empty ahk-script:

SetTitleMatchMode 2
#IfWinActive, Chrome
RIGHT:: MouseMove, 20, 0, 0, R,
LEFT:: MouseMove, -20, 0, 0, R
UP:: MouseMove, 0, -20, 0, R
DOWN:: MouseMove, 0, 20, 0, R
RETURN:: MouseClick, left

If I copy it in my XbmcLauncher Script, the whole Script is Not working anymore...

What is my mistake?
Yop,

Tying to go further in my HTPC config and have a question on integration of Steam Big Picture extention.
Installed it, works like wanted, but I've got a conflict with XBMCLauncher I think :

I use Steam Big Picture extention with default setting, meening it kill XBMC and launch steam (logical in terms of computer ressources) but this event is catch by XBMCLauncher and I've got randomly two results :
  1. Loose focus and Modern UI popping
  2. Steam correctly appears but I've got the Windows bottom task bar showing, and impossible to come back with full focus on Steam
(If I set Steam Big Picture extention to let XBMC in background, instead of killing it, for testing purpose, it's working correctly)

I've tried to set Steam exe in XBMCLauncher GUI as an External Player with focus, seems to show only scenario 2 now but don't solve the issue.

Must I modify an ahk file ? If yes can I have a hint ? (used to coding but not yet with autohotkey Angel)

Thanks
HTPC : Intel NUC D54250WYK - 8 Go RAM - SSD 120 Go - Windows 8.1 x64 - XBMC 13.1 Gotham - MySQL DB on NAS
Storage : Synology DS1513+ [4x3To in SHR] - Partial Local Backup on Synology DS113J [2To] - Partial Online Backup on CrashPlan
(2014-06-13, 08:57)badboys2 Wrote: OK people this is my first ever post and I am no computer Geek. But I have XBMC working exactly the way I want it to but I don't know how it came about.
I am using windows 8.1 and XBMC 13 with XBMCLauncher.
When I turn on my computer it boots directly to XBMC in under 30 seconds (does not show User Account or Desktop in the process.) Then 5 seconds later it automatically changes to LiveTV (the last channel viewed). This now makes using XBMC a delight for my better half as she knows how to turn on the computer and change TV channels on the remote.
When I exit XBMC computer goes directly to desktop and when I use shutdown, the whole computer shuts down. The sleep button on remote also work as its intendedI I have not played with any files etc (wouldn't now how). But reading all the treads shows I must have really screwed up to have XBMC working so perfectly.
I'm either a genius and don't know about it or the way I have XBMC running is normal but how can I find out?
I am trying to do the same thing for my father 92 years young-on booting pc I want to open xbmc and run automatically the same item which was running before shutdown-
The item is a live stream from video addon filmon , livestreams or mashup
At the moment only xbmc starts with standard running banner system/video/etc --what am I missing?
thanx
(2014-07-18, 09:26)PauleDerFaule Wrote: Hey,

I try to use Amazon instant Video in Chrome Kiosk mode. To use the remote i want, that up, down,... Used as Mouseactivities. But only in Chrome!

This Code works in an empty ahk-script:

SetTitleMatchMode 2
#IfWinActive, Chrome
RIGHT:: MouseMove, 20, 0, 0, R,
LEFT:: MouseMove, -20, 0, 0, R
UP:: MouseMove, 0, -20, 0, R
DOWN:: MouseMove, 0, 20, 0, R
RETURN:: MouseClick, left

If I copy it in my XbmcLauncher Script, the whole Script is Not working anymore...

What is my mistake?

Where did you place the code? Try it at the top of the script. You can also create a separate exe file and add it to start along with the launcher.

(2014-07-18, 10:07)CrashOver1D Wrote: Yop,

Tying to go further in my HTPC config and have a question on integration of Steam Big Picture extention.
Installed it, works like wanted, but I've got a conflict with XBMCLauncher I think :

I use Steam Big Picture extention with default setting, meening it kill XBMC and launch steam (logical in terms of computer ressources) but this event is catch by XBMCLauncher and I've got randomly two results :
  1. Loose focus and Modern UI popping
  2. Steam correctly appears but I've got the Windows bottom task bar showing, and impossible to come back with full focus on Steam
(If I set Steam Big Picture extention to let XBMC in background, instead of killing it, for testing purpose, it's working correctly)

I've tried to set Steam exe in XBMCLauncher GUI as an External Player with focus, seems to show only scenario 2 now but don't solve the issue.

Must I modify an ahk file ? If yes can I have a hint ? (used to coding but not yet with autohotkey Angel)

Thanks

Did you try the option 'Focus External Player'? under 'External Players and Focus' menu?

(2014-07-18, 15:16)smbs Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 08:57)badboys2 Wrote: OK people this is my first ever post and I am no computer Geek. But I have XBMC working exactly the way I want it to but I don't know how it came about.
I am using windows 8.1 and XBMC 13 with XBMCLauncher.
When I turn on my computer it boots directly to XBMC in under 30 seconds (does not show User Account or Desktop in the process.) Then 5 seconds later it automatically changes to LiveTV (the last channel viewed). This now makes using XBMC a delight for my better half as she knows how to turn on the computer and change TV channels on the remote.
When I exit XBMC computer goes directly to desktop and when I use shutdown, the whole computer shuts down. The sleep button on remote also work as its intendedI I have not played with any files etc (wouldn't now how). But reading all the treads shows I must have really screwed up to have XBMC working so perfectly.
I'm either a genius and don't know about it or the way I have XBMC running is normal but how can I find out?
I am trying to do the same thing for my father 92 years young-on booting pc I want to open xbmc and run automatically the same item which was running before shutdown-
The item is a live stream from video addon filmon , livestreams or mashup
At the moment only xbmc starts with standard running banner system/video/etc --what am I missing?
thanx

XBMCLauncher will start xbmc only. It won't change the startup item to livestreams or live tv automatically. Probably the other user used somekind of addon to change to livetv on xbmc startup. Also check http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196087
(2014-07-18, 15:51)baijuxavior Wrote: Did you try the option 'Focus External Player'? under 'External Players and Focus' menu?

It's what I tried yes, but after reading half of this wole thread today I understand that I haven't followed the good idea.

New test tonight using "External Apps Group 1' tab, added Steam.exe on Application 1 and check "Prevent XBMC Focus"
Solved the Focus part of my problem.

I now just need to add an exception on the script because as I need the "Start Metro UI when XBMC is closed" option, Metro UI is launched allongside to Steam when exiting XBMC and this Metro UI take focus ...

Is it possible to add an exception of that kind ?
(2014-07-19, 01:13)CrashOver1D Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 15:51)baijuxavior Wrote: Did you try the option 'Focus External Player'? under 'External Players and Focus' menu?

It's what I tried yes, but after reading half of this wole thread today I understand that I haven't followed the good idea.

New test tonight using "External Apps Group 1' tab, added Steam.exe on Application 1 and check "Prevent XBMC Focus"
Solved the Focus part of my problem.

I now just need to add an exception on the script because as I need the "Start Metro UI when XBMC is closed" option, Metro UI is launched allongside to Steam when exiting XBMC and this Metro UI take focus ...

Is it possible to add an exception of that kind ?

Line No. 1691 is for starting metro ui when xbmc is closed. You can add a line to check for steam and if it is running skip the code.

Code:
Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check if xbmc.exe is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running
    Process, Exist, steam.exe ; check if steam.exe is running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0)
        {
                    Process, Exist, explorer.exe ; check if explorer.exe is running
                    If (ErrorLevel = 0)
(2014-07-19, 04:49)baijuxavior Wrote: Line No. 1691 is for starting metro ui when xbmc is closed. You can add a line to check for steam and if it is running skip the code.

Code:
Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check if xbmc.exe is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running
    Process, Exist, steam.exe ; check if steam.exe is running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0)
        {
                    Process, Exist, explorer.exe ; check if explorer.exe is running
                    If (ErrorLevel = 0)

Great ! Thanks a lot, I'll try this tonight ! :-)
Hi mate,

Many thanks for all the tips, I'm struggling with something at the moment and Google isn't helping. I've got emulators running from Advanced Launcher, namely Spectaculator and ZX Spin (for ZX Spectrum), and ePSXe for PS1 games. They launch fine and XBMC doesn't retain the focus (XBMCLauncher is the shell, Windows 8.1).

However, more often than not I get dialog boxes for ZX Spin and ePSXe on start up saying that sound isn't available (DirectSound is mentioned for ZX Spin), but this behaviour isn't consistent. Spectaculator loads up in full screen mode but the top menu bar is visible and I have to click on the screen to make it go away before I can do anything. None of these issues happen outside XBMC.

Any ideas? Should DirectSound be available when Explorer isn't the shell? Many thanks in advance, apologies if these questions are idiotic.
(2014-07-21, 11:03)richardb70 Wrote: Hi mate,

Many thanks for all the tips, I'm struggling with something at the moment and Google isn't helping. I've got emulators running from Advanced Launcher, namely Spectaculator and ZX Spin (for ZX Spectrum), and ePSXe for PS1 games. They launch fine and XBMC doesn't retain the focus (XBMCLauncher is the shell, Windows 8.1).

However, more often than not I get dialog boxes for ZX Spin and ePSXe on start up saying that sound isn't available (DirectSound is mentioned for ZX Spin), but this behaviour isn't consistent. Spectaculator loads up in full screen mode but the top menu bar is visible and I have to click on the screen to make it go away before I can do anything. None of these issues happen outside XBMC.

Any ideas? Should DirectSound be available when Explorer isn't the shell? Many thanks in advance, apologies if these questions are idiotic.

Your Audio Output in XBMC is probably set on WASAPI which is exclusive, so if XBMC is running and set in this mode, any other apps can't access to sound anymore.

To solve this, you need to change XBMC audio output mode to a non exlusive one (DirectSound for example) or manage to handle your apps (Use AHK scripts and/or add-ons on XBMC to close XMBC before openning your emulators then bring back XBMC when you close emulators, that's what I'm doing with Steam)

Edit : For what I've see, same problem can be see not only with WASAPI setting, but also with PassThrough setting, but it should depends on hardware/driver limitations in this case.
(2014-07-21, 12:46)CrashOver1D Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 11:03)richardb70 Wrote: Hi mate,

Your Audio Output in XBMC is probably set on WASAPI which is exclusive, so if XBMC is running and set in this mode, any other apps can't access to sound anymore.

To solve this, you need to change XBMC audio output mode to a non exlusive one (DirectSound for example) or manage to handle your apps (Use AHK scripts and/or add-ons on XBMC to close XMBC before openning your emulators then bring back XBMC when you close emulators, that's what I'm doing with Steam)

Thanks, I suspected as such! It's inconsistent though so I imagine sometimes WASAPI is being released correctly by XBMC sometimes, and not other times. Would be nice if there was an API call I could make to force XBMC to do the release. Don't really want to have to close XBMC to run the emulators but I can see that's a good solution. Thanks again.

Any takers on the Spectaculator issue? It launches fine, goes into full screen mode but the menu bar is visible on the top and no game commands work until I've clicked below. Nothing in the Spectaculator settings either. Sad
(2014-07-21, 13:04)richardb70 Wrote: Any takers on the Spectaculator issue? It launches fine, goes into full screen mode but the menu bar is visible on the top and no game commands work until I've clicked below. Nothing in the Spectaculator settings either. Sad

It's a problem I already see a lot because some month ago I used to "play" on the installation of a full frontend for multiple emulators and this issue happened a lot when I've got conflict between frontend and emulators focus.

Always solved by custom AHK scripts, but I never wrote them, just use some released by the community, they are far beyond my little knowledge on AHK Tongue

In first step, Have you tried to set Spectaculator exe in one of the "External Apps Group" of XBMCLauncher with "Prevent Focus" check for this Group ?
(2014-07-21, 13:22)CrashOver1D Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 13:04)richardb70 Wrote: Any takers on the Spectaculator issue? It launches fine, goes into full screen mode but the menu bar is visible on the top and no game commands work until I've clicked below. Nothing in the Spectaculator settings either. Sad

It's a problem I already see a lot because some month ago I used to "play" on the installation of a full frontend for multiple emulators and this issue happened a lot when I've got conflict between frontend and emulators focus.

Always solved by custom AHK scripts, but I never wrote them, just use some released by the community, they are far beyond my little knowledge on AHK Tongue

In first step, Have you tried to set Spectaculator exe in one of the "External Apps Group" of XBMCLauncher with "Prevent Focus" check for this Group ?

Thanks for the help and advice, I've got the DirectSound issue sorted. In Gotham, there's a new option (?) under Audio which keeps the audio stream "alive", mine was on the default of 1 minute. I disabled this and all my External Launcher sound issues went away. This means I can run ZXSpin instead of Spectaculator and bingo, all is good. I had WASAPI defined everywhere and I can leave this as is rather than DirectSound, but it's important that the GUI sounds are turned off.

(And yes, I had the .exes specified in XBMCLauncher, no matter!).

Cheers,
Richard
Good to know indeed !

If exes specified in XBMXLauncher don't works for Spectaculator, perhaps you should look if its possible by AHK to send a "right click mouse somewhere" after Spectaculator is launched to try to hide this rebel menu bar. It's basic purpose of AHK for keyboard actions but never need it for mouse actions Tongue

Edit : I was curios about this question, so I search a little and yes it's possible to make mouse actions with AHK :
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/MouseClick.htm

; Move to specified coordinates then left-click once:
MouseClick, left, 200, 300

So you should try to edit AHK to trigger the start of Spectaculator, perhaps wait some seconds and then send a mouse left click on the menu
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20