• 75(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
(2014-09-16, 08:27)demoncamber Wrote: Hey guys, curious how you get to this screen or enable this screen? Image

It is the metro start screen in Windows 8/8.1. Which OS are you using?
(2014-09-16, 15:16)baijuxavior Wrote: It is the metro start screen in Windows 8/8.1. Which OS are you using?
OH! hahaha that's all it is?? It's so clean when you remove all the tiles I guess, didnt recognize it.
I'm on 8.1
I removed all other tiles as this is my dedicated htpc and I don't use it for any other purpose.
This is great software, exactly what i needed.
Can you please add support for the latest version of Kodi?

The path is now C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe
(2014-09-24, 16:37)AussieFries Wrote: Can you please add support for the latest version of Kodi?

The path is now C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe

Sure. I'm using kodi compiled from gihub source and it still installs to xbmc folder. May be I need to completely uninstall xbmc first.
I noticed the new path in the build of September 23rd. Thank you for looking into this!

Btw most features in v4.1 seem to work if you change the XBMC path in XBMCLauncher (and then select Kodi.exe).
(2014-09-24, 19:23)AussieFries Wrote: I noticed the new path in the build of September 23rd. Thank you for looking into this!

Btw most features in v4.1 seem to work if you change the XBMC path in XBMCLauncher (and then select Kodi.exe).

Now I have Kodi.exe on compiling the source code. Selecting kodi.exe for xbmc path in the launcher settings will work for most features, but I need to test which features are not working and modify the code accordingly. Focus xbmc seems to work in v 4.1 because the ahk_class is still xbmc.
'Close XBMC on suspend' no longer works for Kodi
(2014-09-29, 10:39)AussieFries Wrote: 'Close XBMC on suspend' no longer works for Kodi

Thanks for notifying. I expect to modify the code sooner, but the problem is I rarely get free time to experiment with the code due to work load.
No worries! I very much appreciate all the effort you put into developing and supporting this great app!
(2014-09-29, 10:39)AussieFries Wrote: 'Close XBMC on suspend' no longer works for Kodi

Hi, I think I've tracked down the issue. Are you confident modding the code yourself?

Code:
WM_POWERBROADCAST(wParam, lParam)
{
    If (wParam=4) ;suspend
    {
        ;BROADCAST_QUERY_DENY := 1112363332
        ;return, BROADCAST_QUERY_DENY

Suspending = 1 ;System is suspending. Do not start Explorer.    

if (CloseXBMCatSleep = 1) ; force close xbmc
        {
            Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check if xbmc.exe is running
            If (ErrorLevel >= 1) ; If it is running
            {
                Process, Close, %ErrorLevel%  
                Process, WaitClose, %ErrorLevel%
                sleep 1000
            }
        }
    }

For Kodi, I'm assuming it's kodi.exe rather than xbmc.exe. In which case replace "xbmc.exe" with "kodi.exe" in the Process, Exist line above, recompile and see what happens. There are other "xbmc.exe" strings in the code which need to be replaced but this one should sort this issue out.
Thank you for looking into this. If you mean I will have to set up the XBMCLauncher development environment and recompile the sources, I'm afraid it goes a little over my head Smile
(2014-09-30, 11:19)AussieFries Wrote: Thank you for looking into this. If you mean I will have to set up the XBMCLauncher development environment and recompile the sources, I'm afraid it goes a little over my head Smile

Heh, no worries. I followed the links on the first thread, took me 10 mins to get it all up and running. Pull the code, make the changes to XBMCLauncher.ahk only, recompile to get a new .exe (just right-click on the AHK file to do this). Then you need to go into Program Files\XBMCLauncher, rename the current .exe to something like .exe.old, and copy your new one in there. You won't be able to delete the incumbent one as it's still active. Reboot to pick up your new .exe file.
I managed to do it! I couldn't resist changing all paths and references to xbmc.exe to kodi.exe. No problems so far. Thanks Richard.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20