• 4(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
(2012-08-02, 06:54)baijuxavior Wrote: I always wonder why xbmc developers are not including an option to set xbmc on top of other windows. Almost all media players have this feature built-in. Another feature I want from xbmc developers is the way xbmc exit is handled. If you press Alt+F4, the window will close immediately without showing any confirmation message, but the process continues to work in the background. These two features are actually easy to implement.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
Feel free to code it Nod
(2012-08-02, 09:02)solidsatras Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 06:54)baijuxavior Wrote: I always wonder why xbmc developers are not including an option to set xbmc on top of other windows. Almost all media players have this feature built-in. Another feature I want from xbmc developers is the way xbmc exit is handled. If you press Alt+F4, the window will close immediately without showing any confirmation message, but the process continues to work in the background. These two features are actually easy to implement.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
Feel free to code it Nod

easy to implement, not for me but the developers.Big Grin
(2012-08-02, 08:18)baijuxavior Wrote: Edit: OK. Found the bug. Even if you disable 'Start Windows Explorer when XBMC is closed', it will start explorer on force close at sleep. I will soon update the setup file to V2.1 with bug fix.

BTW, is it possible at all to make it so launcher WOULD start Explorer when you quit XBMC, but WOULDN'T start Explorer when there's a forced close of XBMC at sleep?

I mean if I'm using launcher as a shell - I only need Explorer to do some system maintenance once in a while. In that case I would just quit XBMC, so Explorer would launch. Most of the time I don't need Explorer to show up when starting, rebooting or resuming my HTPC - this way it looks more like dedicated hardware Wink

Sorry for the rambling, hope you will figure out what I mean Wink

Thanks again!
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
(2012-08-02, 13:47)bass63 Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 08:18)baijuxavior Wrote: Edit: OK. Found the bug. Even if you disable 'Start Windows Explorer when XBMC is closed', it will start explorer on force close at sleep. I will soon update the setup file to V2.1 with bug fix.

BTW, is it possible at all to make it so launcher WOULD start Explorer when you quit XBMC, but WOULDN'T start Explorer when there's a forced close of XBMC at sleep?

I mean if I'm using launcher as a shell - I only need Explorer to do some system maintenance once in a while. In that case I would just quit XBMC, so Explorer would launch. Most of the time I don't need Explorer to show up when starting, rebooting or resuming my HTPC - this way it looks more like dedicated hardware Wink

Sorry for the rambling, hope you will figure out what I mean Wink

Thanks again!

Program updated to version 2.1 to start Explorer when you quit xbmc and not when force closed during suspend in shell mode. Also added new features to capture the Alt+F4 keypress to show the shutdown menu instead of abrupt closing of xbmc and also to display the XBMCLauncher from shell itself by using Win+F10 shortcut.
(2012-08-02, 07:39)baijuxavior Wrote: Set time to '0' second and no focus signal is sent to xbmc.
Set time to 'n' seconds and signal is repeated every 'n' seconds.
Select 'Check Focus Only Once' and signal is sent only a single time after 'n' seconds. It is not repeated thereafter.

You can test it by starting xbmc. Press Alt+Tab to focus to another window or desktop. After 'n' seconds xbmc should refocus again.

Cheers mate will give it a shot when I get home.
(2012-08-02, 15:59)baijuxavior Wrote: Program updated to version 2.1 to start Explorer when you quit xbmc and not when force closed during suspend in shell mode. Also added new features to capture the Alt+F4 keypress to show the shutdown menu instead of abrupt closing of xbmc and also to display the XBMCLauncher from shell itself by using Win+F10 shortcut.

Well, I've installed it and everything works just fine for me! Thank you very much! It is a must-have software for dedicated Windows-based HTPC with very nice addition of MCE setup options - I've configured my remote a long time ago, but I wish I had your program back then to simplify things Wink

Thanks again!!!
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Does closing explorer actually free up anything? seems a bit of a pointless feature to me.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Congratulations baijuxavior, good stuff.

You've done such a great job!

Would be possible to launch the Eventghost when the XBMC Launcher is selected as the Windows Shell?

For instance, I'm using Harmony One/Eventghost on my setup, and I have one button set to "Update Library", such thing is not supported by the Keymap file yet.

Thanks.
I have Eden installed in a folder other than teh default. Is there a way to get Advanced Launcher to launch XBMC from elsewhere? thanks.
(2012-08-02, 23:11)Death-Axe Wrote: Does closing explorer actually free up anything? seems a bit of a pointless feature to me.

We are not closing explorer, but preventing it from starting by using xbmc as shell. This way xbmc starts much fatser and you will get the feel of a dedicated player instead of a windows machine. I have actually removed all windows related labels and changed the startup animation to get a complete feel of 'XBMC HTPC'. Also by eliminating explorer you can prevent unwanted applications and free up resources.

(2012-08-03, 05:00)vianneyjs Wrote: Congratulations baijuxavior, good stuff.

You've done such a great job!

Would be possible to launch the Eventghost when the XBMC Launcher is selected as the Windows Shell?

For instance, I'm using Harmony One/Eventghost on my setup, and I have one button set to "Update Library", such thing is not supported by the Keymap file yet.

Thanks.

You can use the 'Set imon or xbmcoinimon path' options to select Eventghost. I hope you are not using imon products. The application will simply start the exe file you select.

(2012-08-03, 07:22)argh! Wrote: I have Eden installed in a folder other than teh default. Is there a way to get Advanced Launcher to launch XBMC from elsewhere? thanks.

You can change the xbmc path from the tray menu (Win+F10).
I am running SABNZBD and SickBeard and CouchPotato on my XBMC machine all in one. When booting directly into XBMC, will these applications start if they are in
the Start Menu of Windows or will I have to move them to Windows Services.
Applications in startmenu are not loaded when booting xbmc into shell. You could create a small .ahk file to launch these applications and set it instead of imon or xxbmconimon path menu.
Okay thanks.

One more query: I use AutoHotkey for a few thing other than starting XBMC. If i wanted to add my current AHK script into your launcher, would i have to start from the source files, or is there a lazy way to do it?

THis thing works great, and it' been pretty handy.
Thanks a lot for your prompt response, that made the trick.

Changing the label would make it more intuitive...
(2012-08-03, 12:45)argh! Wrote: Okay thanks.

One more query: I use AutoHotkey for a few thing other than starting XBMC. If i wanted to add my current AHK script into your launcher, would i have to start from the source files, or is there a lazy way to do it?

THis thing works great, and it' been pretty handy.

You can add your scripts to the XBMCLauncher.ahk file and compile to make XBMCLauncher.exe. The hotkey codes are defined at the bottom of the script.

(2012-08-03, 13:28)vianneyjs Wrote: Thanks a lot for your prompt response, that made the trick.

Changing the label would make it more intuitive...

You can edit the label from the source code.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20