• 64(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
(2014-03-07, 09:56)panchon Wrote: Now, I have another problem, could be that i don't the test correctly. But the first time, the player lost the focus, if you put the focus again in the player, it doesn't lose it more.

How I could have the focus since the beginning?

Thanks very much

Focus of XBMC or external player?
external player
Did you test 'Focus external player' option? What is your focus delay? Have you enabled 'Ceck focus only once'?
My options are:

*'Focus external player' = true
*focus delay = default(0)
*Ceck focus only once = false
*Disable focus permanently = false

There are any option incorrect?

Could be problem of the playercorefactory?
focus delay 0 means no focus. Set it to say 10 seconds.
I've actually noticed a problem with focus on my system too, I have the focus delay set to 10 already but when I use the green button on my remote to start XBMC, it opens behind metro start and never gets focus.
This is on Windows 8.1, is this a supported feature for this OS ?

-Edit-
So it seems XBMCLauncher IS focusing XBMC, but it doesn't appear to be able to focus it on top of Metro start..
Once XBMC is launched, I tried clicking the 'desktop' link in metro, from here I could see XBMC with the Windows taskbar sat on top of it, after a few seconds XBMC took full focus.. (here is where I assume XBMCLauncher did it's stuff)
I think it is a problem with metro ui. You can modify the source code to send Ctrl+Esc (to toggle the start screen) when you press green button.
Thanks, I have edited the scripts to make a check for metro and close if it's open.

How do I compile the 'scripts' folder back into XBMCLauncher.exe ?

It works OK if I run the XBMCLauncher.ahk directly, but if I compile that to exe I get a ~700kb file that doesn't launch Undecided
Ca you post the relevant portion of the code?
Its here; https://github.com/realroywalker/XBMC-La...4754852c14

I've added a function to check if the network is available and delay starting XBMC for up to 15 seconds at resume from sleep (I use MySQL DB, so the network needs to be up before XBMC starts)
I also changed the #!Enter functions so that they change depending on what application is active.
If its TMT6 then it sends the popup menu button; Metro start should close it and open XBMC; XBMC should send home jump key; Something else - Start XBMC.

My changes probably won't be much use to anyone else without some polishing Smile

I basically cloned a fork of your github, edited the XBMCLauncher.ahk with notepad++ and then done a right click 'Compile Script' with AutoHotkey installed, and I get an .exe that doesn't work correctly (I get no tray icon etc, and I can't kill it in Task Manager).
However if I just double click the XBMCLauncher.ahk to run it then it works fine..
I compiled your code and it runs without any problem. Copy the compiled exe file to C:\Program Files\XBMCLauncher, replacing the existing exe file.

Is this the code for detecting metro ui?

#IfWinActive ahk_class ImmersiveLauncher
#!Enter::
WinClose
Edit - Ok, I was being an idiot... seems to work fine if I copy it to my running install on 8.1, just doesn't run if I launch it from the directory I compiled it in Smile

All seems to be working great now, but I had to change 'WinClose' for ImmersiveLauncher to send ^{Esc} instead, since it doesn't appear to respond to the close request.

Thanks for your help and the useful app! Big Grin
you are welcome.
Hi. I'm new to this forum, so hope it's OK to ask questions in this thread.

Just installed win 8.1, XBMC and XBMCLauncher. Set everything up as explained here:http://mymediaexperience.com/windows-8-xbmc-appliance/ but XBMC does not start on boot. I have also disabled UAC. What am I missing?
Start XBMCLauncher GUI or the context menu and check the settings:

1. Shell > should be XBMCLauncher
2. Startup Settings > StartXBMC when Windows starts
3. XBMC Path > Select the correct path

Run XBMCLauncher as admin if it doesn't work.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20