Playback issues on Zotac bedroom PC
I played a little of Troy last night and experienced a lot of video breakup. I have the computer hard wired to my wetwork so I wouldn't expect any issues. I also turned on the TV and the UI was incredibly slow, so I exited and restarted and it was fine. Is the onboard graphics in those Zotacs just not enough to handle 1080p playback?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
If you're running windows, there is a known issue that after sleep XBMC stutter after waking. Exiting and resuming XBMC should fix the problem.
My Zotac ID34 plays any HD vids Ive found so far from my network or local hd, inc 7.1 sound.
I highly recommend using OpenELEC if all you need it for is XBMC. I bought a Zotac AD02 two months ago and I tried XBMCbuntu, OpenELEC, Chakra Linux with XBMC, and stripped down Arch Linux with xbmc-standalone. After days and days wasted on the others with various problems OpenELEC worked perfectly with everything I threw at it. The Departed was dropping frames like crazy today under Arch and CPU usage was about 50% on both cores, I decided to give OpenELEC another try and within 5 minutes of booting up the installer I had the movie playing flawlessly in 720P.

If you need you Zotac for things other than XBMC I'd suggest using a driver that supports hardware acceleration, it makes a huge difference.

It'd be helpful if you mentioned the specs of your box and what OS you're running Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback issues on Zotac bedroom PC0