Android XBMC-PVR android port
I was wondering how they accomplished the Android port. From briefly looking through the github repo for the project it seems like they are using the android ndk and using the same codebase of the main project. Basically what I mean is they didn't rewrite it in Java.

I'm wondering if there are plans for the XBMC-PVR branches to be ported to android as well. I'm an android developer so I'm interested in working on this.

Anyone know more about how this all works?
XBMC on android is exactly the same codebase as any other XBMC platform port - so it's all bare naked C++ running on Android (except for 1 line of Java or so). So from my understanding (I'm no XBMC dev), PVR will work on android on the long run (once both are merged into mainline).
it probably requires a couple of additions in the headers to get the add-ons loaded.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Really impatient to see this on Android.

@dushmaniac: do you plan working on this ?
I'm also really excited to see this. The PVR stuff is just such a killer feature. And android is the perfect platform for little set top boxes.

I've got my XIOS and I'm working on building the xbmc-android APK. I'm curious to see how different the PVR branches are from what they've ported so far.
kumy, really already requesting to work on PVR for Android? Let's just wait until a) PVR is ready for prime time and more important b) the Android port is stable.
c) android is at least merged into mainline. Nobody of the devs will even think of adapting buildsystem for pvr on android as long as android is in a seperated code tree.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
d) ditto for PVR, highly unlikely that I'll be working on any of this before PVR is in mainline.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you use dvblink you can use the dvblink xbmc plugin http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=58164 tv works pretty well on A500 :-)
after the android branch is merged now, I tried to compile > everything o.k. so far but when running it on android it dosn't find the plugins after enableing pvr... so maybe it isn't such a big afford to correct the headers.
@dushmaniac: I`m not so skilled in programming, but maybe you can give a hint wich headers you meant in the post above?

btw. thx for all the great work ... xbmc with pvr is one of the greatest thing on linux (and maybe soon on android ;-) )
add-on code sits in https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...bmc/addons
but you also need to hook it up in the player, which is a bit more work
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

attempting anything under pvr on android is a waste of time until general hw decoding gets worked out.
i didn't even look into that
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

can pvr addons be added to android now?
is there a repository like this one, that will add 4tr pvr to android? I do not k now how to ocmplile for android

(2012-09-29, 21:55)alon24 Wrote: can pvr addons be added to android now?
is there a repository like this one, that will add 4tr pvr to android? I do not k now how to ocmplile for android

Can your read?
(2012-08-13, 00:42)davilla Wrote: attempting anything under pvr on android is a waste of time until general hw decoding gets worked out.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-PVR android port1