Shutdown button doesn't shut down computer
I am running XBMC 11 in linux both exit and shutdown button do the samething.
I found fix
edit file /home/username/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml
<control type="button" id="36">

<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Hide_Shutdown_Shutdown)">Shutdown()</onclick>
changed to

<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Hide_Shutdown_Shutdown)">XBMC.Powerdown()</onclick>
Now shutdown button powers down computer, hope this helps someone with the same problem
Dean
the shutdown button does whatever you've defined in 'settings > system > power saving > shutdown function'
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You can accomplish the same thing via the GUI: Settings > System > Power saving > Shutdown function > Shutdown (instead of Quit). No code changes necessary.
ronie beat me to it! Smile
(2012-07-24, 18:12)dsomerby Wrote: I am running XBMC 11 in linux both exit and shutdown button do the samething.
I found fix
edit file /home/username/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml

<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Hide_Shutdown_Shutdown)">Shutdown()</onclick>
changed to

<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Hide_Shutdown_Shutdown)">XBMC.Powerdown()</onclick>
Now shutdown button powers down computer, hope this helps someone with the same problem
Dean

Yes! Thank you! This trick works on my Hackintosh desktop as well (but that same file is in and application support folder).
I really like the transparency skin, but it wouldn't power the machine off (only the app) until i editing the xml like you said. I searched high and low for this solution and the only responses that I kept seeing were like the ones above, who didn't understand the question but tried to help.
Thanks again dsomerby!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown button doesn't shut down computer0