My first HTPC - 007 would be proud of this gadget
I got it to work

(2012-08-02, 07:25)baijuxavior Wrote: Use USB2.0 port for installation. USB3.0 is not recognized until you install drivers.

Im pretty sure this is what the issue was. I moved the usb to a usb 2.0 port... and at the same time took a cd rom from my server and plugged it into the htpc (since i dont have a cable for my slim blu ray yet). I saw some people online stating that plugging in a optical drive could also solve the issue but i am 99% sure the usb just needed to be in the 2.0 slot.

Update: I need to validate my windows as it is an update copy of win 7. So at lunch I am running home to use Regedit to change a flag for windows and validate my copy of win 7 Big Grin

Then after work I will finish the build (minus blu ray until my cable comes). I have a bunch of pics, I will post them all once the htpc is assebled and hooked to the TV.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
OK she is up and running. 2 more problems to solve before i put all my pics up.

1. The iMon software for the LCD on the m10 case. I have downloaded the software from the origen ae site like 3 times. When I go to unzip the file windows complains and says the zip file is empty! So I have no display on my screen and no IR for my remote... anyone have this problem or know how to get this thing up and running?

2. xbmc configeration. I have my desktop all configured using a slightly older build of aeon nox and it is running great. I have downloaded the new aeon on my htpc but it seems way harder to set up. I cannot find the screen to add "Movies" to the main menu, and hide the "videos" option. I do see you can edit the titles to be what ever you want, but is there a quick easy preset movies option? Also I added my movies location to the videos folder but when I click a movie it goes in to a folder sub directory instead of playing the movie. Its like its stuck in library mode or what ever...

I read that you can copy some kind of %app/blah/blah/user/ config from 1 client xbmc machine to another and it will just copy all your settings and configurations over... where is this file located? I can't seem to find it... and will this work having 2 different versions of xbmc on my desktop and htpc?

Thanks all!
(2012-08-04, 03:35)ShakenNotStured Wrote: 1. The iMon software for the LCD on the m10 case. I have downloaded the software from the origen ae site like 3 times. When I go to unzip the file windows complains and says the zip file is empty! So I have no display on my screen and no IR for my remote... anyone have this problem or know how to get this thing up and running?
I find that 7-zip works best on difficult zip archives.

1. Download the latest iMON manager from soundgraph.
2. application folder is usually hidden. So disable hide folders and navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC or just type %appdata% in the startbutton search box.
(2012-08-04, 04:12)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. Download the latest iMON manager from soundgraph.
2. application folder is usually hidden. So disable hide folders and navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC or just type %appdata% in the startbutton search box.

Thanks. Alright I got the LCD up and running, and just switched skins to configure my xbmc. The LCD show 16 news stores, system info and all that good stuff... but in xbmx just says stop 00:00:00/00:00:00

How do I get xbmc to send the movie time info to the screen. I came across this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84166 ..

is that what i need to do to display info on my screen, or is there a simple "turn on lcd" option I am overlooking in xbmc??

I will update the first post with some Pics in a little bit here
cant fit these all in the first post so ill put them at the end. sorry all..

OK here are some of the pics I promised of my build:

Here are my Goodies minus 1 fan:

The m10

close up

back

case guts

mobo

A6 on the mobo

All the Brains together

The shell ready for the brains

Brains and SSD mounted into the m10

2 in 1 lcd holder/ awesome quiet exhaust fan. The after market fans were too thick... took out the lcd support screws and used the fan body to hold the lcd in place.

Haven't received my slimline cable for my slot load blu ray, so here is the machine so far without the blu ray palyer

Still using the stock fan for intake.. my other after market fan is too think and hits the fan pins on the mobo... I will be using my dremel to sand down the fan casing and retro fitting it into the case later this week

my crap setup in my apartment.. will be building a theater when I get my house next year

HTPC close up

xbmc up and running

and....

The names bond, James Bond
The M10 is sexy.......you'll enjoy it!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
If you want to remove the OrigenAE logo, it's very simple. I use Goof-Off to take off the manufacturer's logo from the HT100 (again, same case). You saturate a rag with it, lay it over the logo, wait a while and then you can scrape it off with your fingernails. It takes a few applications but it works. It'll also take off any fingerprints. It does not harm the finish.

(2012-08-10, 18:56)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If you want to remove the OrigenAE logo, it's very simple.
Why? It's part of the beauty on M10......

(2012-08-10, 19:25)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 18:56)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If you want to remove the OrigenAE logo, it's very simple.

You might notice the sentence started with the word "If".

What that means is if it's the OP's personal preference to remove the logo, here are some easy helpful proven instructions from someone who's done this, who prefers it that way and has customers who do also and has done it for said customer. Think of the if as "just in case".

If the OP doesn't not want to remove the logo, then the OP need not follow the instructions.

Others who might read this someday, if they want to remove the logo, they too can follow the method.

If not then they probably wouldn't be Googling for it in the first place.

Does that help?

you two crack me up.
Nice job on the Origen M10 box! Finished my first HTPC a couple of months ago - here's how it went: I had an old Pentium 4 Processor 531 (3GHz, 1MB Cache) lying around and decided a HTPC would be a good use for it. I needed a very slimline case to fit in existing cabinet space and selected a SilverStone ML03 (height = 105mm =4.13 inches). Added a cheap MSI H61M-P21 MB, 4GB of old 1333MHZ DDR3 RAM, old DVD drive and an old 300W ATX power supply. To keep it cool, quiet and fast, I used 60GB Corsair SSD for the main drive and keep the big media files on a remote NAS storage unit that is accessed with a D-Link WiFi card. Had to buy a new Geforce GT 520 to get HDMI output in 1/2 height card. Everything went togeter OK except I should have gotten some right-angle SATA cables. Slap in a Win7 install, download XMBC, and away you go! Actually, didn't save much $$ by using the old CPU and other hardware - tha application is more sophisticated than lots of the older hardware can handle.
(2012-08-10, 20:21)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 19:25)bluray Wrote:

You might notice the sentence started with the word "If".
I don't need you to tell me what "IF" is my friend. "IF" or not, I'm still asking "WHY"? To me, it is rude to bring "If you want to remove the OrigenAE logo, it's very simple. " up after a guy spent a lot of money on his beautiful case......

If you want to show others how to debadge their case, it might be more appropriate to create your own thread for that......

(2012-08-12, 01:25)ShakenNotStured Wrote: you two crack me up.
+1.......Big Grin

(2012-08-08, 03:17)ShakenNotStured Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 04:12)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. Download the latest iMON manager from soundgraph.

Thanks. Alright I got the LCD up and running, and just switched skins to configure my xbmc. The LCD show 16 news stores, system info and all that good stuff... but in xbmx just says stop 00:00:00/00:00:00

How do I get xbmc to send the movie time info to the screen. I came across this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84166 ..

is that what i need to do to display info on my screen, or is there a simple "turn on lcd" option I am overlooking in xbmc??

I will update the first post with some Pics in a little bit here

You need to install xbmconimon to display xbmc information on imon lcd or vfd. But it still won't show the playback time. Download XBMConiMON
What are your temps/noise like? Seems like a bad design to have a ODD above the CPU (as great as it looks).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first HTPC - 007 would be proud of this gadget0