• 2(current)
Pivos Xios DS
Hi,

I am trying to bring a greater number of devices from the U.S. to Poland. Does anyone would be interested in buying from me?
I have 2 units for sale, but with VAT and duty, they cost $ 220 for the device plus transport costs
Any of you Pivos owners try using the netflix plugin? If so, I might have to snarf up a couple of these for use with XBMC + NPVR..
Complete Android newb here. Aside from an apparent Linux port, what's the difference between this and the midnight box? I'm most familiar with Linux so a port is enticing... Looking for something small, cheapish, that can act as a front-end for friends. All of the various CPU and gpu are pretty confusing. :-(
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
ive just bought a cyclone nano which works 100% perfect at 1080p from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyclone-Nano-S...1e732cda47

hi friends
i am planning to buy pivos xios because of the great support of XBMC team. i have a question. how about the audio output from xios? Does is play DD and DTS files. Can we experience true DD and DTS surround if we connect it to hometheater system?
Well, picked up an XIOS on Amazon today. Seems well supported and I look forward to playing with it. Pricing is close enough to others that going with the herd seemed smart :-)

Are folks going with the Android app or are they loading Linux on this box? How hard is it to compile for Android if you already have an environment for Linux setup? I compile from Git almost nightly right now. Keeping the ability to play Android games might be nice if the speed for XBMC is there. I want to play with Android anyway so keeping that might be nice. If I go Linux can I also compile on this box or on my other X86 based systems for it?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2012-10-10, 21:45)micky Wrote: ive just bought a cyclone nano which works 100% perfect at 1080p from here

(2012-10-10, 21:45)micky Wrote: ive just bought a cyclone nano which works 100% perfect at 1080p from here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX1hmZb_ypM

Got my Pivos going today. Not an Android person and the Android interface is obviously designed for touch usage. Had to laugh at the references to my phone Smile I played a little then loaded the Linux port onto it, gotta say I'm impressed! I have not YET played any media with it but the rest of the setup was pretty darned nice! I will play some video tomorrow and try to report back, it will be playing from a locally mounted USB disk and will likely be HD MKV files with pretty high bitrate that I've done myself. Just no time tonight to play with it longer.
The one mickeys seen on ebay, are just a normal cylone nano £79.00 just flashed with xios linux xbmc firmware, someone on there is making a bit of money out flashing there.

My opinion on that is buy the cheap one then flash it yourself, easy
Would it be able to play high definition video from a HDD connected via USB?
Yeah, USB has plenty of bandwidth for HD!
hey BLKMGK hows it going with your device (linux) very interested in your opinion
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
well guys, will just give you an update on my box, i have the linux xbmc version (october version), and it is fantastic, it plays everything you throw at it, navi x works very well, you tube streams good, all the sports channels work, and films stream brill.

i have got it hard wired via ethernet, as i prefer that over wifi

Just a shame the karaoke feature is not available, but maybe in a future update.

hope that helps if anyone is thinkin of getting one of these, cannot reccomend them enough.

happy days
The Pivos is decent for the money but not quite ready to replace a dedicated HTPC just yet.

There is no 23.976 Hz Output, it can't play 755 DTS Tracks and overall performance is good enough for playback - but the interface can be sluggish (e.g. pressing a button you get a response a second later, or sometimes it will move twice etc)

You also can't play any emulators on it.

This is Linux mode.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS2