• 3(current)
Pivos Xios DS
hi tutu, ovalelephant takes pre-order on the dual-core Amlogic android box's.
since i beleive the xios is single core, thats why it doesnt perform the way u want it to.
^^ Is it from Pivos also? Looks interesting, it has a optical out, too Wink
It is time to replace my ATV2
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2012-10-28, 12:21)tutu Wrote: The Pivos is decent for the money but not quite ready to replace a dedicated HTPC just yet.

There is no 23.976 Hz Output, it can't play 755 DTS Tracks and overall performance is good enough for playback - but the interface can be sluggish (e.g. pressing a button you get a response a second later, or sometimes it will move twice etc)

You also can't play any emulators on it.

This is Linux mode.

Yep, i agree, but i think its a giant step with xbmc using linux on a small box, which can sit just nicely back of your tv, still in early development tho, but i think with the decent technical guys at pivos and xbmc i can see this being the box to do it all.

I looked at revo pc's but there is nothing out there this compact, i just think with a bit more ram on these this will be upto speed.

(2012-10-28, 14:41)eskro Wrote: hi tutu, ovalelephant takes pre-order on the dual-core Amlogic android box's.
since i beleive the xios is single core, thats why it doesnt perform the way u want it to.

Interesting, can this be updated using similer linux firmware, so the box boots up into xbmcHuh
(2012-10-28, 14:41)eskro Wrote: hi tutu, ovalelephant takes pre-order on the dual-core Amlogic android box's.

They have been coming for a long time (they were first announced months ago). Without the firmware from Pivos they aren't going to be that great.

I fully imagine Pivos has a AMLogic dual core out soon enough!
On the website it says that the xbmc linux firmware for the M3 may also work on this dual core ovalelephant unit, but it seems as if they are giving no guarantees.
(2012-10-28, 12:21)tutu Wrote: The Pivos is decent for the money but not quite ready to replace a dedicated HTPC just yet.

There is no 23.976 Hz Output, it can't play 755 DTS Tracks and overall performance is good enough for playback - but the interface can be sluggish (e.g. pressing a button you get a response a second later, or sometimes it will move twice etc)

You also can't play any emulators on it.

This is Linux mode.

Is there NO 23.976 Hz Output under linux either?? :O
is it real?
I've not gotten to play with mine much I'm afraid, need to get it running at a friend's home and see how it does. I'm on an older flash and saw they had updated so that needs doing as well. I'd argue that some of the Zotac boxes could be mounted in the back of a tv and be out of sight with a full Linux desktop just find. The Pivos is nice in that it boots faster and doesn't need nearly the same level of maintenance, it also likely uses less power than even a Zotac Ion system. I'll try to get moving with mine...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Was going to buy ATV1, BUT someone told me forget that crap and get a Pivos XIOS. The problem is i am very illiterate to this stuff and its like speaking japanese ( not happening ). I only want it for free movies and channels ( want to get rid of cable tv ). I don't want to screw around with having setting things, so just want to know how i would get it running for my personal needs. The new one only cost me $99 cdn. Any info/help would be very appreciated.

Cheers
(2012-11-04, 19:46)aeuja1964 Wrote: Was going to buy ATV1, BUT someone told me forget that crap and get a Pivos XIOS. The problem is i am very illiterate to this stuff and its like speaking japanese ( not happening ). I only want it for free movies and channels ( want to get rid of cable tv ). I don't want to screw around with having setting things, so just want to know how i would get it running for my personal needs. The new one only cost me $99 cdn. Any info/help would be very appreciated.

Cheers

i would say this isnt for you, still very early in developement plugins are hit and miss (which is what your saying you want with paticular movies and channels)
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2012-10-28, 21:51)hiyo3 Wrote: On the website it says that the xbmc linux firmware for the M3 may also work on this dual core ovalelephant unit, but it seems as if they are giving no guarantees.

have you got the link where you have seen the above quote, as i cant seem to find the m3 linux xbmc build

thanks
^^ someone is smoking crack if they think the firmware for m1 or m3 will work with mx Smile Also ovalelephant has no internal devs so don't except Pivos devs to come to the rescue, they will have their own mx hw and it's not the same as ovalelephant's.
(2012-11-05, 00:15)okey Wrote:
(2012-10-28, 21:51)hiyo3 Wrote: On the website it says that the xbmc linux firmware for the M3 may also work on this dual core ovalelephant unit, but it seems as if they are giving no guarantees.

have you got the link where you have seen the above quote, as i cant seem to find the m3 linux xbmc build

thanks

http://www.ovalelephant.com/index.php?ro...ct_id=2085

it looks as though yhey changed the wording abit, kind of down plays the maybe aspect where they mentioned there was no guarantees.
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Hello!

I have bought a Pivos Xios with XBMC....I CAN NOT ENABLE WIFI!! I have no oldschool internet with wire....my internet in the house go thru WIFI....how can I activate WIFI in XBMC?? So I can download skins, pictures on the films etc....I need WIFI.....if the Pivos Xios is useless....because I will never use wire internet anymore....
(2012-11-13, 20:39)PivosXios User Wrote: Hello!

I have bought a Pivos Xios with XBMC....I CAN NOT ENABLE WIFI!! I have no oldschool internet with wire....my internet in the house go thru WIFI....how can I activate WIFI in XBMC?? So I can download skins, pictures on the films etc....I need WIFI.....if the Pivos Xios is useless....because I will never use wire internet anymore....

see the pivos forums.http://www.pivosforums.com/viewforum.php?f=11
Please...there is nothing about enabling the wifi in xbmc mode...please help!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS2