Win Perfect TV Card for Building HTPC
TBS6984 is a PCI Express interface digital satellite TV Tuner card with four tuners for watching and recording Free to Air satellite TV on PC. The four tuners enable you to watch TV channel from one transponder/satellite while recording three other channels from different transponders/satellites in the same time. TBS team has developed both Windows BDA driver and Linux driver up to the latest kernel for this quad tuner card(Tested on Ubuntu,Fedora,Opensuse and other Linux distributions). It’s compatible with Windows7 Media Center, MediaPortal, DVBlink, DVBDream, DVBViewer, ProgDVB, Skynet, TSreader, XBMC, MythTV, VDR and many other popular softwares.

Description

TBS6984 PCI-E DVB-S2 Quad Tuner TV card is designed to fulfill the needs of watching/recording multiple satellite TV channels on PC simultaneously. With Single tuner TV card, you’re limited to watch or record one satellite TV channel at one time only. While with this quad tuner TV card, you can watch one channel and record three other channels at the same time. Even more if you want to make full use of the recording power of TBS6984, you may record four whole TS(Transponder Stream),one of which could contains maximum ten, twelve SD or HD TV channels into your PC hard disk. Which means you will be able to record up to 48 channels with TBS6984 in the same time. This feature contribute a lot especially when you are building up HTPC or IPTV streaming server.(There are thousands of TBS6984 cards running in different IPTV servers on 24/7 none stop working base worldwide which is a solid proof of the reliability of this device.)

You can use it to watch any free to air satellite(FTA) TV programs in your region including Freesat HD if you are located in the UK. By using appropriate software, e.g. MediaPortal and its’ plugins, you may stream satellite TV contents to your iPhone, iPad or iPod.

Main Features:

Watch Satellite TV & listen to Radio on PC
DVB-S2/DVB-S SD or HD TV Receiving
Real Time and Scheduled Program Recording(PVR)
Four Tuners for Recording Four Different Channels/Transponders
Time Shifting to Pause Live TV
Unicable/One Cable compatible

Applications:

HTPC
IPTV Streaming Server

System Requirements:

Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 or Linux
DirectX9.0 or later Version
Available PCI Express x1,x4, x8 or x16 slot
Satellite Dish and LNB

Hello

I'm intersted in a solution to capture simultaneously multiple tv station through cable or satellite antenna, and in this sense I should like to know which solution do you recommend ? (Hardware and software).
The recommendation should be regarding the devices which is able today to record the maximum posible TV channels simultaneously

On the other hand you mentioned in yourpost

" Even more if you want to make full use of the recording power of TBS6984, you may record four whole TS(Transponder Stream),one of which could contains maximum ten, twelve SD or HD TV channels into your PC hard disk. [b][Which means you will be able to record up to 48 channels with TBS6984 in the same time[/b][/i][/b][/i][/b][/i][/i]. This feature contribute a lot especially when you are building up HTPC or IPTV streaming server.(There are thousands of TBS6984 cards running in different IPTV servers on 24/7 none stop working base worldwide which is a solid proof of the reliability of this device.)"

I should like to know more about this chracteristics, and if something similar exist for a Cable tuner, as well

Thank you for your feed-back in advance

Marius

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Perfect TV Card for Building HTPC0