Win Naming files for correct covers
Hi

I'm new on this site, i hope i posted this the right place.
I have been searching a lot on google, to find my answer, without any luck, so why not try on the xbmc forum :-)

If you use this skin: Aeon MQ3
and want some different "front" covers on my movies, like DVD, HD?, Bluray and 3D Bluray covers..
What do i exactly name the files?

I do understand how to make the correct directory like this:

Movies\avatar (2009)\avatar (2009) - DVD.mkv (then i get a DVD cover, right?)

If i do like this:

Movies\avatar (2009)\avatar (2009) - Bluray.mkv Do i get a bluray cover?
Movies\avatar (2009)\avatar (2009) - 3DBD.mkv Do i get a 3D Bluray cover?
Movies\avatar (2009)\avatar (2009) - HD(720p).mkv Do i get a HD cover?

I do really appreciate any help :-)
I would like to know the same.

I have around 3000 1080p MKV rips, 80 3D BLU Ray ISO's and 50 normal BLU Ray ISO's.

All my movies are placed in different folders (so directory name and file name). So its like E:\Dark Knight, The\Dark Knight, The.mkv etc..

Do I have to rename all my files?? This will take ages so hopefully there is an easier way?
bump anyone?
Posters, covers, etc. are not classified on the scraper host sites by format. They do not differentiate DVD from Blu-ray from 3DBD. If a 3D poster has been uploaded to one of these sites, it's up to you to find it manually, either by visiting the site, using Artwork Downloader to choose from a list of them, or if one that you like is not seen, upload one yourself. That last bit is key. These hosting sites depend on content generation from the user base.

Skins will also not differentiate between a 3D cover, a Blu-ray, or a DVD. A poster.jpg is just a poster.jpg. Skins, however, will sometimes "encase" the posters with an appropriate "media case" when you name your files appropriately in a method like the OP posted. The fact is, files will need to be renamed.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
example:

I named my file "21 jump street.bluray.mkv" with no luck. I also tried "21 jump street.bdrip.mkv" also with no luck. Does the parent folder also need to be named bluray? Kind of lost here....
I get it.

Not all skins will display media cases. I do believe that MQ3 does (and so does Aeon Nox). You'll just have to find that setting. You'd only need to rename the video file (and associated thumbs, .nfos, etc.), and not the folder (though the folder should include the (year) for accurate scraping).

At the very least, the skin will probably display the BD format flag, in place of the video codec (h.264, xvid, etc.). But, as i said in my previous post, the skin will not automatically place a 3D Poster, unless the poster.jpg or <movie>.tbn you already have is a 3D poster. This is where the customization of your xbmc install comes into play. Find your favorite poster and use it. Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
If there is no specific option to enable 3d bluray cases within the skin itself then this has to be due to me using an external scraper (Ember). I will try and fiddle with the settings in Ember to see if I can get this to work. Thanks.
Usually it's a viewtype. In Aeon Nox it's called "DVD Case". Maybe it's a viewtype called "Media Case" or something like it in MQ3 (is that what you're using?). I doubt that the cases will be available in every viewtype, but rather just ones specifically tailored for it.

The only thing that ember can help you do is name the files correctly.
Well, I made progress.....but minimal. lol. I renamed my entire collection (whopping 30 titles thus far) "movie.bluray.mkv". I went into xmbc and updated the library then cleaned the library to delete the duplicates. My progress consists of a little "bluray" icon now showing up on the bottom left side of the screen while in "multplex" mode. However, still no bluray case. I am completely stumped as to what the problem is.
There's a setting in Skin Settings --> Media Info --> "Show Media cases for video, like blu-ray, hd-dvd, and others"

Do you have that switched on?

Media cases show up almost everywhere with that switch enabled. I just installed MQ3 to check it out. Now i'm going back to Aeon Nox Smile
(2012-09-03, 05:22)thrak76 Wrote: There's a setting in Skin Settings --> Media Info --> "Show Media cases for video, like blu-ray, hd-dvd, and others"

Do you have that switched on?

Media cases show up almost everywhere with that switch enabled. I just installed MQ3 to check it out. Now i'm going back to Aeon Nox Smile

we need more people like YOU in this world!!! thank you so much!!! lol. It is working perfectly now.
You're welcome. Glad you got it worked out!
could someone please confirm that in order to get 3d cover sleeve, i will need to insert"3dbd" into the filename of the *.mkv?

furthermore, if scraping using foldernames as movie name, do folders need to have the tag inserted also?

thanks in advance,
Dam0
I just set up covers for myself the other day and instead of renaming each movie individually I simply organized my folder structure by quality:

Movies\3DBD\Movie Name (Year)\Movie name (Year).mkv
Movies\BluRay\Movie Name (Year)\Movie name (Year).mkv
Movies\DVD\Movie Name (Year)\Movie name (Year).mkv

It seems to me that as long as the quality name is somewhere in the path then the skin (MQ3 in my case) should pick up on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming files for correct covers0